[Resolved] Site missing content in different browsers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site missing content in different browsers

Home Forums Support Site missing content in different browsers

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

@Andrey – that could be what happened.

As for the other issue – it looks like your site isn’t loading a couple of the stylesheets.

Are you using a caching or minifying plugin? If so, can you disable these and see if it fixes the issue?

As of right now, I’m not seeing any of the core stylesheets, or the CSS created by the Customizer – a plugin you’re using must be removing these.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just turned on the Jetpack galleries plugin and it’s working on my installation. I’m willing to bet it’s the same caching issue as the stylesheets that is making it not work on your installation.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Andrey

Tom, I deactivated RS Head Cleaner Plus plugin and galleries worked in Chrome and IE. Menu appeared as well. But my Google page speed is down to the red zone again. (( Guess, I will have to figure something out. I wonder if WP Minify plugin works with GP without issues or not? Thank you for your help anyway! It is so cool to get it practically immediately. It would have been a pity to lose such a good theme.

PS: A sidetopic. Is there a way to make borders (both outside and between cells) in tables (in posts I mean) visible in your theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely try out some other caching plugins – they can be a pain, but I know some users are using them successfully with GP – W3 Total Cache is a good one.

This CSS may work for the borders:

table { 
          border-collapse: collapse; 
    }
    td, th { 
          border: 1px #ccc solid; 
    } 
    Andrey

Tom, you are DA MAN! Thank you!

I am not using and am kind of hesitant to use any caching plugins. So will leave things as they are. I minified some js file from the theme successfully and this raised my google-speed a bit. Some css couldn’t be minified in this way because of some errors, but that’s all right for now. I’ll leave. πŸ˜‰

The code for table borders worked! Thank you! Keep up your amazing work!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Andrey

Tom, here’s just a thought. If I were you, I’d warn new users of GP of possible conflicts with minifying/caching plugins in certain browsers. Thus people will know from the start where to begin to fix it or think about it.

It is kind of weird that the so-called super-popular Chrome and IE couldn’t handle the job, while the Chinese Mexthon was capable of rendering everything even with the minifying plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Caching/minifying plugins are known for causing issues for users with lots of themes – they’re picky plugins that need you to configure them correctly, and can break the look of the site if they’re not configured right.

Lots of people use caching/minifying plugins with GP successfully – W3 Total Cache works nicely with the theme πŸ™‚

Aleksei

Hello!
    Ok, issue is solved. Don’t ask me HOW πŸ™‚ I’m not sure.

What i did:
    1. I changed the main font from FIRA SANS (Janice Dykeman uses the same font) to a default font Verdana.
    IMHO it’s a main reason in my winning in a battle with a problem πŸ™‚
    http://clip2net.com/s/3bELNot – some problems with a font FIRA SANS

2. upgrade GP Theme from the previos version to the last version.
    3. upgrade Bisual Composer & Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer from the previos to the last version.
    Point 3 could be another reason in solve issue, who knows.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Aleksei,

Glad to see you resolved the issue!

I’ll keep an eye on this thread in case others experience anything similar.

Thanks for reporting back to us! πŸ™‚

Marcia

I am having a similar problem. I’ve been using Firefox while putting together my site. Everything was great and then late last night (early this morning) something went dreadfully wrong.

The first page of my site is a static page and the rest are set up similarly with a floating image at the top and then text flowing along. But now, the first several paragraphs of text do not display when I try to view them in Firefox. They show correctly while in Edit Page mode in GeneratePress; but that I mean that everything that is supposed to be there is. But when I load the page, things are missing.

Other than that, I love this theme. I used a different one when starting this project for my niece, but finally gave up when I realized it wasn’t able to do what I wanted. Then installed GP and in about half a day did more than what I had attempted with the other one in more than a week!

But I need to have this site fixed ASAP; my niece has a deadline applying for a grant. Thank you so much in advance.

Oh, and here’s the link to my site:
    https://genevievegilbertviolin.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This thread is from 2015 and 3 pages long.

Do you mind starting a new topic please?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.