[Resolved] Site missing content in different browsers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site missing content in different browsers

Home Forums Support Site missing content in different browsers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Janice Dykeman

Hello – first off – having just started building my site with GP, I must say overall it has been a great experience.

I am, however, having an issue I cannot get to the bottom of:

It seems my site is not displaying all of its content when brought up on different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer), on other people’s PC’s and laptops. All appears completely fine on my computer, a co-worker’s computer and my husband’s personal laptop. However, when my boss, or my office manager bring up the site on their PCs, parts of the text are missing from each page, or each page is devoid of content. This changes depending on which browser they enter the website address into. I have asked people to clear their cache and cookies, it doesn’t appear to do anything. I changed some of the layout settings on the back end of the site, thinking maybe I had the fonts displaying too large, or the containers too wide….but nothing seems better when we view the site on these computers – no matter which browser is used.

My host server has suggested it is a matter of clearing cookies(which didn’t work), WP suggested Generate Plus may have the solution. Internet searches for a reason or explanation have not panned out. You can understand my concern over my site not displaying properly – I want our clients to be able to see what we have to offer. I have some screen shots of the issue, but cannot provide a link to illustrate the problem b/c I cannot replicate on my computer.

This theme has everything I need and the look and feel I want – I hope to be able build at least three more sites using GP – but I am worried this will be an ongoing issue?

Just need some insight and useful guidance to resolve it. Thanks!

-Janice D

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Janice,

That’s very odd – no one else has mentioned any issues like this. Usually if it displays fine on multiple computers + browsers for some, but not for others, it’s an issue happening on that person’s computer.

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a look?

What browser is your boss using when the site looks all messed up?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Janice Dykeman

My boss is using Chrome – another person used chrome and then Firefox…and explorer too. I had someone try to bring it up on Safari. Safari “cannot locate address” ?????

http://www.mieducation.ca

A few other observations on differnt browsers:

Explorer displays the background image, but no text. The background image is way off centre and other images on pages are quite skewed.

The colour scheme on Chrome (we can see the colour where the main menu is and my header image) are a few pantones off of what I want – at least to me anyway.

Let me know if you need more info. I do have some screen shots saved – I could send them to you if that would help illustrate things??

Thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Screenshots would definitely help – I just looked over every page in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer and didn’t notice any inconsistencies at all.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Janice Dykeman

Sure – but is there an email address I can send them to? Not sure how insert jpeg’s here. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure, you can send them to support@generatepress.com

Janice Dykeman

Hi, Tom.

I sent the screen shots to the above address you provided. Were they received and have you able to determine what the cause of this issue may be?

Thanks,

-Janice

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Janice,

And you’ve confirmed that this has happened on multiple computers in different locations?

I can’t get it to happen using any of my browsers – not sure what would cause that.

Let me know about the other computers/locations.

Janice Dykeman

I have had the site brought up on multiple computers now in multiple locations on all different browsers. No reports of missing content on any of the pages now.

Still don’t know how it happened – but all seems fine. If I get any information of the issue occurring again, I will let you know. As you mentioned you have never heard of this before, I really hope it was isolated incident!

Thanks for your time here – still really like your product and appreciate the customer service. πŸ™‚

-J

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very strange, let me know if it happens again πŸ™‚

Aleksei Iuzikov

Hi!

I have the very similar problem! All what you wrote in the first post – i have the same situation.
    We tried to switch off cache plugins – nothing.
    I have a minimum 4 clients who say me about problem. There are a few feedbacks:
    1. Chrome (newest version, Win7), Firefox – not working, IE – OK. Screenshot: http://pix.my/p1XOXJQI http://pix.my/uhRzPISN
    2. Chrome (newest version) – not working, Mozzila – OK

Janice Dykeman, try to find what did you do in last days. What did you change?

Alex

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, are you using a Google Font for all of the fonts? It’s possible that your server is blocking Google Fonts from working.

Do you have a link to your site?

Aleksei

Web site: vipdeposits.ru
    BTW, i put web site in a previos post here http://clip2net.com/s/3bnbZd3

Fonts:
    I have Ultimate Addons for Your Visual Composer (https://www.brainstormforce.com/demos/ultimate/) which contain Google Fonts Manager. I’m not using this module
    I’m using the settings in your Theme: http://clip2net.com/s/3bncsfu

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m seeing all of the content in all of my browsers.

Maybe Janice can shed some light on what was causing it for her.

Janice Dykeman

Sorry – I wish I could help more. I know that in one case of my site not displaying content, the user ended up removing and then re-installing Chrome at the latest version. After that, he could see everything just fine. I also asked numerous contacts from different areas geologically to bring up the url on their browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari). Where as some had previously not been able to see anything, the issue seemed to have been corrected.

I had adjusted some of the layout and display settings on the back-end, but I really do not believe this had anything to do with regards to resolving the issue. One viewer had mentioned that it seemed the content was “there”, just not visible.

I also deactivated the preloaded WordPress plugins and also some had downloaded but was not using.

The font I am using is one that is preloaded in the Premium upgrade, “Fira Sans”. If that means anything.

I just visited your site, Aleksei, and it looks great to me. Nothing seems missing. Where are the computers that cannot load the content located? Do they all have latest versions of Chrome?

On a side note, I just installed the GP theme on a second website I am building with no display issues reported what so ever.

I really wish I could be of more help and be able to pinpoint exactly what I did to solve the problem on my end.

-Janice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.