[Resolved] Site customizations not being cached &/or served by CDN

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site customizations not being cached &/or served by CDN

Home Forums Support Site customizations not being cached &/or served by CDN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hello,

I was trying different fonts this afternoon and noticed that I don’t need to clear my caching plugin, CDN or Autoptimize caches for the changes to take effect (when viewed from a PC which isn’t logged in to WordPress).

So I assume that the changes made to the theme (Generate press child theme) using the “customize” section either aren’t being cached or aren’t being served from my CDN (or both)

I have already selected “Combine CSS” and “Cache Dynamic CSS” but it seems that these files either aren’t being used or are regenerated when I save the customizations and aren’t being served via my CDN (I suspect the latter).

Autoptimize is set to exclude (as advised in the Generatepress documentation):
    wp-content/cache/, wp-content/uploads/, admin-bar.min.css, dashicons.min.css
    (Note: I don’t use the standard directory names but I have excluded the equivalent of these folders)

CDN is set to include:
    wp-content,wp-includes (but excludes PHP)
    (As above: I don’t use the standard directory names but I have excluded the equivalent of these folders)

Caching plugin doesn’t have anything to set

I have added some css manually to my child theme (in style.css) and as far as I can see that is cached and served by my CDN

Should the css which is generated by Generatepress also be served by my CDN or is the behaviour that I have described correct?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The dynamic CSS is saved in the database, so it should be cached, but that depends on your caching plugin. It doesn’t create an external file, so it won’t be served using your CDN.

However, it should be included in the Autoptimize CSS file, which should be served.

Have you checked with the caching plugin, yet? GeneratePress itself keeps things pretty simple/standard when it comes to enqueueing scripts etc..

Richard

Hi Tom.

OK, that’s clear. I’d assumed that the changes would create a css file

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.