Showing Comments with Sections Add-on

Home Forums Support Showing Comments with Sections Add-on

Home Forums Support Showing Comments with Sections Add-on

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Les Black

The Sections Add-on is great. I use it for most of my pages.

I recently tried building a post with Sections. Looks nice except I cannot receive or show comments in a section, even with shortcode via a plugin and “Allow comments” enabled.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to show comments in a section?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sections and posts haven’t received a lot of love yet.

As of right now, comments aren’t activated in Sections. There would have to be some way to give the comments sections settings (box type, inner box type, background color etc..) which doesn’t exist yet. Not sure how I would implement that really.

Open to ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

Les Black

Thank you, Tom, for your usual quick reply.

I found a few ways that do not work, but unlike Thomas Edison, I’m no closer to finding a way that does. If a solution exists, I hope you can dream one up someday. In the meantime, I will try linking to a separate, non-sectioned, page for comments.

I still think the Sections Add-on is great.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Sections are definitely intended for single pages – not so much posts or other kinds of post types.

In the future, they will definitely become more robust ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles Sharpe

Tom or other whom can help,

I am also having the similar challenge with adding / enabling comments for pages when using the Add Section is set to “Yes”

If you have found a solution, please let me know – Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s still no real elegant way of doing this with the comments section for the same reasons I noted above: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/showing-comments-with-sections-add-on/#post-138540

Thanks for the reminder though, I’ll see if I can come up with a solution of some sort.

Tim

+1, I would use this as well

Tully

Yep, would be great.

Torsten

Hey Tom,

would be really useful … Greetings, Torsten

Jennifer

Love this theme. And the support. I wonder if you could create a comment section, like a widget. That could be used with sections. Then the comments aren’t in the section. Instead, they are independent of the section and dedicated to just comments. Then it could be dragged under the section that the comments pertain to. Just a thought. I don’t know php so I could be way off base.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jennifer and all,

Phil actually figured out a solution in this post: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/comments-using-sections/#post-325331

Give it a shot for now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.