[Support request] Search bars

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search bars

Home Forums Support Search bars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dominic

After update my search on my primary navigation moves to the left and the search box at the bottom of the page is just the size of one widget but when on float it goes across the screen which is what I want and the menu search goes back to the right but change to flex and this happens no matter disable cache same on each site.

The search at the bottom of the screen does the same on my staging site but the menu search stays correct.

URL: https://www.recipethis.com/

Any help would be great thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you clear any Cache Plugins and reset any critical CSS if thats being used.

Dominic

Yes I have cleared autoptimize. I Am not using any cache plugins just using A nginx reverse proxy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can disable all minifying/critical CSS plugins for now so we can inspect the CSS?

What version of GP Premium are you using?

Dominic

1 have just deactivated autoptimize that is de only plugin I have that deals With critical css

1 am using version 1.12.1 premium

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like the issue is fixed – can you confirm?

Dominic

Yes the top navigation looks good, is there a conflict with autoptimize?

My bottom search went all the way across on floats can I still do this with flex?

Thank you for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There shouldn’t be – you may just need to clear its cache.

For the bottom search, try this:

.widget .search-form label {
        flex-grow: 1;
    }
    Dominic

Thank you works great

So I can have generate critical CSS checked in general settings and have autoptimize generate it as well?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What do you mean by general settings?

The option in Autoptimize should work as it did before, it just may need its cache cleared.

Dominic

The cache dynamic css option In the general settings and for autoptimize to make the critical css through there power up.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, yes you can use both options together just fine 🙂

Dominic

I have just enabled them again and i-am seeing the same problem, has the issue come back now for you?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you clear its cache?

Can you try the recommended Autoptimize settings here?: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Dominic

So I disabled the critical CSS power up and the issue is ok but as soon as i enabled it again the problem came back,so I disabled the critical CSS for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.