[Support request] Search bars

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search bars

Home Forums Support Search bars

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the critical CSS all done automatically? Any way to regenerate it?

Dominic

It is all done automatically and I cannot see a way to regenerate it but I have checked an option to fetch original css and I will see if that helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good – let us know 🙂

Dominic

So i tried my site with the options checked to fall back on the original CSS but it would shift the search back and forth on load. I have tried everything i can think of at the moment to enable the critical css in autoptimize and get everything to work but everytime i send it through pagespeed the time goes right down with blocking issues, so something is not working together. Also i get alot of weird things happening with my cache clearing with my search box appearing in my header and things like that. All the weird things happen when i am running flex and the critical CSS in Autoptimize.

I have gone back to floats and everything is running along great the scores are the best i have ever achieved and that is down to the theme. When i have more time i am going to try and see what is happening.

Is there a time frame for when floats will be depreciated or will i be good for now?

Many thanks for the support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Floats will not be deprecated anytime in the foreseeable future as too many sites rely upon the old grid system.

Dominic

Great thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.