[Support request] Reset GP configuration when installing theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Reset GP configuration when installing theme

Home Forums Support Reset GP configuration when installing theme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ericka

Hi!
    I installed GP in one of my blogs, but then I changed it for another template (not GP) because it did not convinced me at that time. And when I installed it, I used one of the Site Library themes (not the default one).

Now that I want to go back to GP, when I install it automatically appears the last configuration I had (with the theme that I don’t like) and I really don’t want to install it and make all the changes will my site is live (go to Site Library > Change template and so).

Is there a way I can reset the default GP configuration with the default theme when I install it?
    Hope I explain myself!

Ericka

…”and I really don’t want to install it and make all the changes WHILE (not will) my site is live (go to Site Library > Change template and so)”.

Sorry for that mistake 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not 100% sure if understand.

But you can reset the customizer settings in Appearance > GeneratePress:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/AUsdDKkT89

Does that help at all?

Let me know 🙂

Ericka

Ok, but I have that option when GP is install. I dont want to go through all those steps to reset GP, because I have to configure all while my site is getting traffic.

The first time I install GP, I used SIDER template from the Site Library. Then I deleted GP and installed other theme. Now that I want to use GP, when I install it on my wordpress, the template that appears is SIDER, not the default one. I dont want to Activate GP and then go through all the reset steps so I can configure all over again. It would be easier if I install it and then I can make all changes before activating GP, using the default template that appears the first time I install GP.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

best thing to do is to install a Maintenance Mode plugin to take the site ‘offline’ temporarily. Then makes those changes.

The alternative is to check if your Host provides a Staging environment, where you can make those changes on a staging site and when happy commit the changes to the live site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.