[Resolved] Reduce the Size of Text Entry Boxes?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reduce the Size of Text Entry Boxes?

Home Forums Support Reduce the Size of Text Entry Boxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    James

Is there a way (I’m sure there is!) of reducing the size (height) of the text entry boxes in a sidebar widget? Specifically, the Subscriber box at the top of my right sidebar at http://www.MiramichiReader.ca

Thanks,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try the Widget Titles setting in Customizer > Typography > Widgets.

Make sure you clear the caching plugin after making the changes.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

James

Maybe there’s been a misunderstanding, Leo. It’s the size of the actual box I want to change, not the widget text itself. I want to reduce the height of the box a little.
    Thanks,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The height of the box is determined by the content inside of it so I’m not quite sure how that could work?

If you reduce the size of MailChimp content inside of it, the box should be smaller.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

James

I thought there might be a global GP setting in the theme that controlled this, but it doesn’t look that way. Is there away to control the size of the fonts within a box? I’m looking at the Categories and Archives boxes as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It would require some CSS.

The title is controlled by the setting I mentioned here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/reduce-the-size-of-text-entry-boxes/#post-1188283

Anything else specific you need?

Please disable the caching plugin while we are trying to help.

Thanks!

James

I know how to change the size of the Widget title. Doing so has no effect on the size of the entry box, either on height or width. As does changing the widget content font size.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to any specific widgets?

I’m seeing 8 sidebar widgets and all have different heights as the height is determined by the content in it.

The width, on the other hand, is controlled by the customizer option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-widths/

Can you let me know which widget you are referring to and what exactly you’d like to happen?

James

I think you’re not picking up on what I am asking, Leo. You can close this thread or pass it on to Tom or another support person. I have applied one of the themes in the Site Library and it appears a little differently, and more to my liking.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m just having a hard time understanding what you are after so a little more communication is required.

If you can specify which widget you are referring to and what you’d like to happen with it, I can most likely help.

Thanks for your patience πŸ™‚

James

Here is a screen capture that (I hope!) illustrates what I was initially requesting:
    Subscribe box
    Note that I want to reduce all text entry boxes, not just the one with the arrow.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the screenshot. It definitely helps to explain it.

The height of that is controlled by MailChimp:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/xiolZNcAQgq

Try this CSS:

.widget #mc_embed_signup .mc-field-group input {
        padding: 4px 0;
    }
    James

It didn’t appear to make any appreciable difference. I flushed all caches, too.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

made a slight change to Leo’s code here

James

Nada. Thanks for trying, David. It’s really not that important at this point. The change in theme helped as the box is more defined than it was previously.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.