[Resolved] Read More… button not appearing due to too many ?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Read More… button not appearing due to too many ?

Home Forums Support Read More… button not appearing due to too many ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Using latest of everything, and gutenberg, this text where each line is a <p> does not generate a “read more…” button.

“Morning, anyone there?” (Pause)
    “Hello, hello?”
    “Sorry I was on mute.”
    “I beg your pardon.”
    “MUTE!”
    “As in deaf mute.”
    “I can hear perfectly well, thank-you.”
    “Sorry, who is this?”
    “I might ask you the same question.”
    “This is Sonya Hetherington from Faith and Twinkle LLP.”

This same text where all the paragraphs are run together – does – exactly the same number of words.

“Hello, hello?” “Sorry I was on mute.” “I beg your pardon.” “MUTE!” “As in deaf mute.” “I can hear perfectly well, thank-you.” “Sorry, who is this?” “I might ask you the same question.” “This is Sonya Hetherington from Faith and Twinkle LLP.” “Oh, stop joshing, your Holiness.” “Your Saintliness, it is not I.” “Well, it is you I wish to speak to. – Who else is on this call?” “I’m sorry, I don’t have an agenda.”

The client publishes short stories. The “read more…” capability is key to the layout, and on a number of stories that start with dialogue like this, the button doesn’t appear. I can’t expect the client to change the layout of their stories to fix this.

Is there a way to fix this please? If you don’t recognise the issue from how the button is generated in your code I will setup some examples, but if you could let me know if you can recognise the issue that would be helpful in case it’s a known problem.

thanks
    Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site where i can see the issue

Mike

Hi David,

Sincere apologies, I’ve not traced this to another plugin which was impacting the generation of the automatic excerpt. I’ve now resolved the issue in that code.

Sorry to have troubled you.
    Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – glad to hear you found the solution!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.