[Resolved] Question regarding page header & search page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Question regarding page header & search page

Home Forums Support Question regarding page header & search page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adrian

Hi all,

I want to implement two things using GP Premium and couldn’t find a solution yet.

1. I’m using a header image and want to make the header clickable. When I use a text-based site-title/site-description, there will be a link to my home page. But not when it’s an image only. How can I make my header clickable?

2. Custom content in search result page
    When someone searches for KEYWORD on my website, he will come to the search results page.
    Directly under the H1 title of the result page (which says “Search results for…”) I want to add some custom HTML. I tried playing with different hooks but didn’t get the desired result. When I use the “after site title” hook it will display the custom HTML even under the H2 titles.

Have been searching this forum for similar issues but could not find any solution. Thanks for your help!

Adrian

Adrian

Problem 1 I was able to solve myself (use a background header image plus clickable site logo) πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately there’s no hook there, so you would need to copy the search.php file and add it to your child theme: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/master/search.php

Then you could make whatever changes you need to it.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Adrian

Thanks Tom, that solved my problem πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.