[Resolved] “Post-processing of the image failed” error message

Home Forums Support [Resolved] “Post-processing of the image failed” error message

Home Forums Support “Post-processing of the image failed” error message

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    NBC

In attempting to upload images, I’m constantly getting the following error message:

Post-processing of the image failed likely because the server is busy or does not have enough resources. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2500 pixels.

I uploaded a big batch of PNG files less than a week ago to the same site with no problems. Now all of a sudden, everything fails.

The size issue is a red herring. The images are small. Most of them are SVGs; some JPEGs and PNGs.

I’ve seen discussion of this error message as the result of a bug in WP, and I tried adding the recommended corrective to the PHP code in my child theme.
    add_filter( 'big_image_size_threshold', '__return_false' );

This produced no change whatsoever, so I removed it.

Any suggestions? As long as this keeps happening, I’m not getting any work done.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This shouldn’t be a theme issue as media uploads is handled by WordPress.

Can you test with a twenty series WP theme and see if the same issue exists?

NBC

Tried it with Twenty-Twenty, and the problem persists, so you’re correct that it’s not GP/GPP.

Now I have no clue what to do, if in fact I can do anything at all.

NBC

Well, I’ve posted in the Troubleshooting forum on wordpress.org. That’s the only thing I can think of to do.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d check with your hosting support to see if they can identify the issue.

NBC

We had a lengthy power outage yesterday afternoon/evening, so I’m just now getting back to this troubleshooting.

Interesting: If I add new images directly to the Media Library, the upload process runs without a hitch.

If I attempt to add media to a page I’m editing and try to upload a new graphic to the Media Library, the upload fails with the error message in my original post.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked with your hosting support yet?

Not sure what we can do to help as it’s not an issue coming from GP.

NBC

Turns out it’s nothing to do with hosting. Another red herring courtesy of a CSS experiment that didn’t get removed after it proved unworkable.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.