[Resolved] Possible to have another color of the primary navigation on frontpage?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Possible to have another color of the primary navigation on frontpage?

Home Forums Support Possible to have another color of the primary navigation on frontpage?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, is it possible with some CSS to have another color of the primary navigation on the frontpage to match the content, than the navigation color on the rest of the pages?

And is it possible to have different primary menu/header colors on mobile and desktop?

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carsten,

is it possible with some CSS to have another color of the primary navigation on the frontpage

You can try using a Header element, set the primary navigation color in the site header tab and set front page as location.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#site-header

is it possible to have different primary menu/header colors on mobile and desktop

Yes, but custom CSS will be needed.

Carsten

Hi Ying, using a Heading element as suggested, is working great.

I would look for a custom css solution for my device issue, though it would be great to have these different device options in the site header of the element, and I think more and more site owners would like to distinguish their mobile content from the desktop like eg. other color of the header or navigation.

Thanks for the help!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can link us to your site, we should be able to help with the CSS πŸ™‚

Carsten

Hi Ying, thanks for offering your help. I could probably work something out using media queries, but I will appreciate your help to get the right way of doing this.

Link is added.

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are using mobile header for mobile, so there’s no media query needed, you can use this CSS:

nav#mobile-header {
        background-color: green;
    }

Let me know if it works πŸ™‚

Carsten

Hi Ying, the CSS i working fine;-)

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.