[Resolved] Password protected private pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Password protected private pages

Home Forums Support Password protected private pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi,

I’m interested in having a group of pages that are private and require a password to view them – how might I configure and what do you recommend? Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the simplest method is to use the Password protection built into the WP – you can access this from within the Post Editor itself.

There are plugins that provide greater functionality – who will be accessing this content? If its going to be many users then a Membership plugin may be a better option.

Paul

I’m looking to have all my client login to the site to have full access – similar to how you guys have the requirement to login to have full access to features. Let me know what you think would be best. Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Restrict Content plugin – free version will do just that. Gets a few mixed reviews recently though…..
    If theres multiple users then maybe a Members plugin does a better job eg.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/

Paul

To clarify, I would be the only user on the back end – many clients would be accessing the protected pages. Not sure if you have additional thoughts…

When I try the password protected page it puts the login within the header and does not accept input, how can we move this down?

Thanks.

Vinod

I have the same problem.

When I set a page to ‘Password protect’ using WP, and then access the page:

– the login field appears in the header and text cannot be entered
    – the page looks raw/unfinished, since the page indeed hasn’t been designed. The menu does appear, but out of place.

I’d like this password protected page to appear like the rest of the site. And with a clean field to enter the password.

How can the page be edited?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm … the WP password protect has always been lets say a little poor – it looks like its more prone to ‘break’ when some browser autofill options are enabled.

Personally i would look at Restrict Content or Content Control plugins or one of the very light Members plugins. Its more secure and provides more control.

Paul

OK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.