- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Tom.
March 13, 2015 at 8:10 am #86329Fabian Cosmann
I purchased your Add-ons and really like it.
I activated the parallax effect on my web-site. It works so far but with some issues:
1st, how can I make the image dimensions for parallax larger?
2nd, How can I adjust where the image begins (at which site position)
3rd, If I enter text or buttons to the parallax content, the text does not fit the parallax window anymore as far as I make my web browser window smaller
4th, If I open the page on my iPhone, the parallax effect is gone, just a small part of the image is visible and the parallax content is out of the parallax picture
Please excuse my bad english. I hope I could explain my issues?
Thank you for advice
FabianMarch 13, 2015 at 9:32 am #86358TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. The size of the area depends on the content within it as the image is a background image. To make it larger, try adding more top/bottom padding.
2. This is a bit more difficult, as the image needs to begin at the center position for the parallax to work. What happens is when you scroll, the image position slowly moves up, so changing the original position would cause some issues with the parallax effect.
3. I’m not sure what you mean? Do you have an example?
4. Parallax effects aren’t really meant for mobile, they’re more meant for larger screens with the scrolling of a mouse.March 15, 2015 at 3:06 am #87017Fabian Cosmann
thanks for reply.
It seems for me that also after adding padding the parallax area is restricted to a spezial height. And if I add to much padding to the area (lets say 300) the content appears not in the parallax container area, it appears outside the area. This is the same effect if I call the site with my iPhone.
Is there a way to add a disable option to the parallax effect and parallax content for mobile devices, like other parallax plugins doing it?
And another question, I use php scripts. To make them work I create templates in the theme folder and put the code in it. Unfortunately, If I have wide tables, they overwrite the right border of the container. Is there a way to restrict the tables to the page width (also for the mobile sites) and make them scrollable to the right?
Thanks for your advice
FabianMarch 15, 2015 at 2:12 pm #87106TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
I’ve gone ahead and disabled the parallax effects on mobile – this will be available in the upcoming version.
As for the tables, they should fit inside the container if you set the width to 100% (don’t set it to a specific pixel).
You should also check out a plugin like this to make the tables responsive on mobile: https://wordpress.org/plugins/magic-liquidizer-responsive-table/
Let me know if this helps or not 🙂March 16, 2015 at 12:34 am #87231Fabian Cosmann
Perfect! Thank you TomMarch 16, 2015 at 9:56 am #87447TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
No problem! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.