[Resolved] PageSpeed Insights – Mobile – Properly size images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] PageSpeed Insights – Mobile – Properly size images

Home Forums Support PageSpeed Insights – Mobile – Properly size images

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MK

Hi there,

I have blog posts with images, eg: https://wpmeow.com/cloudflare-dns/, PageSpeed Insights always recommend us to “Properly size images” (Mobile), but I have no idea how to solve it properly.

I uploaded all images directly through the Media Library.
    I turned on and off PhastPress (Optimize images in tags/Optimize images in CSS) features.
    I tried to edit image (Scale Image) through Media Library.
    I turned on and off WP Super Cache.

But still can’t solve it, do you know how to solve this kind of problem?

Regards,
    MK Lim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this is an issue when using the core Image Block and setting the image size to Full.
    See my response to another topic here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/img-size-attribute-wrong-leading-to-huge-traffic/#post-1569121

If you set your images to a different size in the block editor then it will stop serving the largest image size which should make some improvement.

MK

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply.

My image size is set to Large, not Full. I have tried to set to Medium (size too small), but PageSpeed Insights still recommend “Properly size images” (Mobile). Do you know any good Image Blocks can be used?

Regards,
    MK Lim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately not – the Image Block is a core thing, no one else seems to want to go there….

You can try increasing the Thumbnail size to 400px in Settings > Media, and then running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, this ‘may’ provide a slightly larger image size that Google will pick up, as currently it may think 300px is too small and grabs the larger image.

MK

Oh I got it. Maybe will try increasing the size in Settings later.

Thank you for the info and advice.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.