[Resolved] Only one menu open at a time in the submenu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Only one menu open at a time in the submenu

Home Forums Support Only one menu open at a time in the submenu

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Hi Tom

I really do appreciate you taking another look at this! What you’ve just provided is sooo nearly there… It now closes sub-menus perfectly when another sub-menu is clicked. However, it doesn’t work when a sub-menu has further sub-menus within it.
    e.g
    Click menu item
    Click sub-menu to open it
    Click another sub-menu to open it (first sub-menu now closes correctly thanks to your code).
    Within that open sub-menu, open a ‘sub-sub-menu’.
    Within that same open sub-menu, open another ‘sub-sub-menu’. The first sub-sub-menu still remains open.
    Happy to provide a login for the site (it’s still not public yet).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Within that same open sub-menu, open another โ€˜sub-sub-menuโ€™. The first sub-sub-menu still remains open.

I think you lost me here. How do you open another sub-sub-menu without first opening another sub-menu?

Ben

Sorry Tom, here’s a screenshot to help me explain…
    https://ibb.co/Mcn2z3f
    Here I’ve clicked on Resources, then Conservation, then UK. If I were to then click on Worldwide, the UK submenu would still stay open, and the Worldwide submenu would be overlaid on top of it.

Prior to the most recent code you kindly provided, If I clicked on Captivity or Media, all of the Conservation menus would also stay open, but that is now resolved. So the code you wrote works, but only one menu level deep.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Let’s try this instead..

<script>
        jQuery( document ).ready( function( $ ) {
            $( '.main-navigation ul ul li.menu-item-has-children > a' ).on( 'click', function() {
                $( this ).closest( 'li' ).siblings().removeClass( 'sfHover' ).find( '.sub-menu' ).removeClass( 'toggled-on' );
            } );
        } );
    </script>
    Ben

Tom, you’ve nailed it! It behaves perfectly now. Thank you so much – first-class support ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

Hi Tom,

Just to second that thank you by Ben – wonderful support! Great solution, you guys rock! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris

Hi team,

I am trying to implement the same JS code that Tom provided:

It seems to only function when I have the navigation dropdown set to ‘click – menu item’

I am using the hover setting instead as it is cleaner for the desktop part of my site..

My question is, how do I modify the JS code to function with “on hover” instead of the “.on( ‘click'”

<script>
            $( '.main-navigation ul ul li.menu-item-has-children > a' ).on( 'click', function() {
                $( this ).closest( 'li' ).siblings().removeClass( 'sfHover' ).find( '.sub-menu' ).removeClass( 'toggled-on' );
            } );
        } );
    </script>
    Chris

Update: It seems to collapse the other menu items when the dropdown toggle arrow is selected…

What is the best way to make the entire item a clickable area?

Chris

Update: all sorted out, I modified the JS code…

It now collapses mobile sub menus on click

<script>
            $( '.main-navigation .main-nav > ul > li > a' ).on( 'click', function() {
            } );
        } );

</script>
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got it working!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.