[Resolved] One More (small) Issue?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] One More (small) Issue?

Home Forums Support One More (small) Issue?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Robinov

Hi Tom,

Me again. Yikes. I just realized that along with that pesky [ hr ] code, I also had a drop cap code and a pull quote code that I was using with the other theme. I am NOT asking you to write code for me!!!!!!!! BUT – is there a universal short code cheat sheet or something I can bookmark and put in my hooker thing or the snippets thing when I want some fancy code? I didn’t use either of those like the line breaks but enough (and randomly) to have it be a tad overwhelming…

On the flip, I started to panic because I had some html in my sidebar widget that made a pop-up at the bottom of my page. With your theme, it left a blank box. I was thinkin’…what shall I do?????? ACK. And then I said, PFFT – I’ll just drop that right into a hooker, problem SOLVED. YAY!

AND, I just remembered…somehow, my right and left sidebars switched sides with the change to your theme. I can make adjustments and TOTALLY make it work; however, I’m wondering if there is an easy way to flip them back?

Okay, I think that’s it, lol. Thanks again πŸ™‚

Sandra πŸ™‚

PS: I did try to search snippet codes on my own but um, yah…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, unfortunately not. This is why there’s no shortcodes packed with GeneratePress – it just causes problems if someone wants to change themes.

Your best bet is to ask the old theme developer if he’ll give you the code for those shortcodes – then you can add them into the code snippets plugin.

As for widgets, I’m afraid you’ll have to manually switch them.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Sandra Robinov

Hi Tom,

No worries! I will get to work neatening it all up, today πŸ™‚

I have one last teeny tiny (hopefully) question… I used to have an icon/logo/favicon (??) in my URL that represented my site and now it has gone back to my host’s little pic. How do I upload mine back in? I can’t find a way to do that, anywhere…oooh, maybe there’s a plugin? But I’m always worried about too many plugins, too. I have 25 currently.

Okay, I think that’s it (for now). Boy HOWDY, I’m so glad I found you. I was telling my Hubs how awesome your help was yesterday (he thanks you, too, lol). I’m mushy and over the top sometimes (okay, a lot) but it comes from a genuine place of appreciation!

Cheers,
    Sandra

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sandra,

If you don’t want to use a plugin, you can upload the favicon.ico file to the root of your website (with the wp-admin, wp-content folders) using FTP or the file manager through your host.

If that sounds like gibberish, give your host a call and they should walk you through it step by step.

Haha, thanks! I’m always happy to help πŸ™‚

Sandra Robinov

Total gibberish, lol. But I will call the hosting company, they are cool peeps, too. Thanks, Tom πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.