[Support request] One image only for featured image blog

Home Forums Support [Support request] One image only for featured image blog

Home Forums Support One image only for featured image blog

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

Is there a need for blog featured image to tap into the Settings > Media Settings and create different sizes

Seeing as it’s only used in one place (the top of the blog post) what if I disable all the media settings image sizes before uploading a featured image, then I only have the image I uploaded. For a neat wp-content/uploads folder.

To obtain the right size I will follow other recommendations see here and find my exact container width and size the featured image precisely before uploading.

Or are the other images sizes needed for phone layouts etc to be responsive. Still don’t quite understand what is responsive and what it requires

thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is there a need for blog featured image to tap into the Settings > Media Settings and create different sizes

No that is not necessary.

I find it good practice to crop/resize the featured images to the desired size before uploading them.

Featured images are responsive by default πŸ™‚

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Matthew

that’s awesome to hear. It must use the wp_get_attachment_image function then as you say. And it is big by default so has it covered. Might look around for a plugin that can deactivate/activate the image sizes in settings rather than zeroing them and re-writing them in by hand.

I’ll leave this ticket open until I size and drop the featured image in successfully. Might have a question about the padding or something.

Jim

Just set all numbers to zero in WordPress media settings and it will stop creating thumbnails of your images.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.