[Support request] Not Working with AMP Plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] Not Working with AMP Plugin

Home Forums Support Not Working with AMP Plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Vipin

I have generatePress GP Premium plugin and It is generating errors with AMP plugin supported by Google and WordPress. Is there any way so that it can work with AMP plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We’re working on a plugin that will make GP compatible with their plugin.

For now, have you tried the Paired Mode option inside the plugin?

Let me know 🙂

Klaus

Hello, is this still in development? Kind regards Klaus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The basic plugin that fixes the mobile menu error is available on this github:

https://github.com/tomusborne/amp-for-generatepress

Klaus

Hello David, my first plugin on github: I would create a folder in the plugins-folder, name it amp-for-generatepress and put the two files in it. Ready. Yes?
    Thanks Klaus

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

On the github click the ‘Clone or Download’ Button then ‘Download Zip’. Then you just install it via the plugin dashboard 🙂

Klaus

Thank you. Now I use the two plugins “amp” and “amp-for-generatepress”. Settings is: “transitional mode”. Do I have to put any other information into the header? When going through the header attributes I don’t seem to find any “amp”. Kind regards Klaus

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s all you should have to do 🙂

Longinos

Hi
    I´m not sure if posting here is the best way other than to open a new thread, if you think so i will open a new one.
    I´m facing a issue whit generatepress 2.3-rc1 and the AMP plugin from Automattic.
    The site is traslated to the amp version (transitional mode aka paired) in a fancy way, only some things don´t work (as spected: no search and no back-to-top as far as these are js related or not menu icons cause are striped).
    The issue is that when viewing the amp page in desktop and navigate trougth the menu, the menu don´t close and still open all time. This don´t occur when are in mobile device.
    Any clue on what happens?
    Url to test: https://intersindicalrm.org/?amp

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just to confirm, have you installed and activated the “AMP for GeneratePress” plugin mentioned above?

Longinos

Hi Tom,
    Yes, sorry forgive me for forgetting to mention it.
    Theme is 2.3rc1 version and gp is 1.8.3
    amp is 1.1.3
    amp for gp 0.1
    amp-to-amp linking 0.1.1

I think these are the relevant plugins as far as the amp-to-amp changes url, in menu too, to add the ?amp endpoint

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just made a change to the plugin – can you try the latest version?: https://github.com/tomusborne/amp-for-generatepress

Let me know 🙂

Jagdish

Hi Tom,

Can you please solve the issue of search icon not appearing in AMP?

Longinos

Hi Tom
    Menu issue solved.
    Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Jagdish – AMP doesn’t allow for javascript, which the navigation search requires.

Longinos – awesome! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.