[Support request] Not able to see ‘Edit Page’ Layout options

Home Forums Support [Support request] Not able to see ‘Edit Page’ Layout options

Home Forums Support Not able to see ‘Edit Page’ Layout options

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tony

Hello

I use GP premium for one of the websites I currently manage, https://chalfontsu3a.org.uk

I am about to hand over the webmaster role to someone else, and for me to be his assistant. When my colleague (the new webmaster) logged in to the WordPress Backend as an administrator on his pc I was demonstrating to him how to disable elements on the ‘edit page’ function… but he wasn’t able to see the various layout choices at the bottom of the page.

I should mention we use the Beaver Builder plugin for the main content area, but I’m puzzled why he wasn’t able to see the layout options features for any particular page so he could change them?

I’m assuming that anyone with WordPress ‘administrator’ privilege should all be able to use this feature in GP?

Or is it something that his own pc (Windows) is causing him not to see the ‘edit page’ Layout options?

Thanks in advance for you help for your help/advice.
    Regards,
    Tony

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The layout metabox should be available to anyone with admin capability.

Are you using the Gutenberg editor? Can you make sure it’s activated under the options settings?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/YfcnTxn0

Tony

Leo…I’ve disabled the Gutenberg editor with the classic plugin. So the issue isn’t Gutenberg related.

I’ve now found someone else who uses a Windows pc (I’m a Mac user) and the backend is showing the Layout options as it does on my Mac. So this issue is something to do with my new Webmaster’s pc, but I thought perhaps it might be to do with Windows but I now know it’s not. I will get back to the person who’s got the problem and ask him to investigate the reasons it’s not showing at his end.

Sorry to have bothered you. And thanks so much for coming back to me so promptly!

Great service. 👍

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Make sure to check the options panel first.

If you are using the classic editor then it would be under screen options.

Dave Navarro

On a related note, how do you DISABLE the “Layout” metabox for post-types?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Dave Navarro

That points me to the necessary code, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.