[Resolved] No option for image size for feature image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] No option for image size for feature image

Home Forums Support No option for image size for feature image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ilse Turnbull

I’m going to give all the details I can.
    I set my image sizes – Max 2000 x 2000 Medium – 800 x 0 thumbnail 250 x 150

I worked out all the different sizes that would resize to 250 x 150 correctly.
    I uploaded an image that was 2000 x 1200
    I did a blog post and hit Add Image – Attachment Details came up and it had Attachment Settings. All the sizes were available – Full large medium and thumbnail – so that worked like a charm.
    I picked Medium ( 800 x 480 and hit Insert the phot. worked great, fit perfectly.

Then I went to Featured Image (on the right side of the editor) clicked Set Featured Image – it took me to my image library.
    I clicked on the full image ( the original one I uploaded. (that’s the only size showing in my library, none of the other sizes are there).
    The size of the image is 2000 x 1200 – there is nothing to choose the thumbnail size. If I hit publish it uses the biggest that will fit on the index page. I’d like it to use the thumbnail size.

I have Customizer > Layout > Page Header > Single Post Header Location – Hide ( no idea if that’s important)

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The featured image doesn’t work like regular content images in that regard unfortunately.

Instead, go to Customize > Layout > Blog and set your featured image size in there. Be sure to use GPP 1.5 (came out today).

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Ilse Turnbull

Yay!!! works great. Thank you.
    The update went without a hitch too.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.