[Resolved] Navigation won't go below New Site Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation won't go below New Site Header

Home Forums Support Navigation won't go below New Site Header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kent

I’m trying to replace the site header with a custom header designed using Elements. I successfully created the new header and created a rule to display it on the intended page. In the configuration of this new header I was careful to indicate the navigation should be below the header. I then edited the layout of the page where this header will display and disabled the standard header. My only problem is my new header is showing up below the navigation. I verified the navigation location in the customizer and the header element are both set to under the header. Just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. How do I get my custom header above the navigation?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The navigation is only positioned around the Site Header. The Header Element sits below this, their not the same thing. To achieve that result you need a little PHP which Tom provides here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-header-image-above-menu/#post-288568

Kent

Thanks for clarifying the difference between the Site Header and Header Element. I certainly didn’t get the distinction from the documentation I was finding. In many places they were both referenced as headers. Thanks for the clarification. I’ll give the php snippet a try.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could help.
    And thanks for the feedback – if we can make improvements we will.

Kent

Sorry, one more question. The snippet you pointed me to successfully moved the primary navigation. How would I move the secondary navigation?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

This snippet:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','lh_move_secondary_navigation' );
    function lh_move_secondary_navigation() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_secondary_navigation_after_header', 7 );
        add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_secondary_navigation_after_header', 20 );
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.