[Resolved] Move Blog Post Title before Feature Image?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move Blog Post Title before Feature Image?

Home Forums Support Move Blog Post Title before Feature Image?

• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Drew

Hi there,

I searched the forum and did not see this solution so hope I didn’t miss it. On my blog posts the Blog Post/Article title is appearing AFTER the featured image of the blog post…I want the blog post/article title to appear BEFORE the featured image. How can I modify this and make the latter the default for all of my blog posts? I am also not seeing a pre-defined option to change this in any of the theme plugins (I have all of them as far as I know.)

Thank you,

-Drew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Drew,

Are you using one of our child themes, or the default parent theme?

Let me know, and I should be able to provide you with some code.

Thanks!

Drew

Hi Tom,

As far as I know I am using the default parent theme.

Thank you,

-Drew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you talking about the single view, when you’re viewing individual posts? Or the blog view, where all of the posts are shown? The featured image should show below the title on the blog by default – but they show above on the single post.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Drew

The Post title is displaying just fine above the featured image in the blog view, but in the single post view (I.E. when you click on the article and are taken to the full article post page) the featured image is displaying above the title…I don’t want this, I want the featured image to display below the post title on the individual/single post view.

Thank you,

-Drew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Gotcha.

This would take more than a few lines of code, but I’ve marked it down as a future feature of the Page Header addon. Right now, you can choose above content or inside content, so I’ll add a below title feature in the next version.

Thanks!

Drew

Thank you, adding this option is much appreciated!

Paul

Hi,

I very hope you can help me. I have the latest version of generatepress and if I choose any single post, it shows me the Title of the post under the featured picture. I want to have the title with name of author and date above.

How can I change it??

Thanks
    Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

With the Page Header add-on activated, go to “Appearance > Customize > Page Header” and set the Single Post Header Position to “Below title”.

That should do it πŸ™‚

Anton

How do we get the same thing to apply to pages and not just posts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case why not just add your picture to the regular content of the page above the rest of your content? That will achieve the same thing.

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you πŸ™‚

Anton

Hi Tom,

Yes but I don’t want the image to be constrained within the content container’s padding; I want it to be the full width of the content box. Also, I want to take advantage of the auto-resize / cropping feature so it always appears at a fixed height.

In other words, I just want the same settings that apply to feature images in posts to work in pages too.

Thanks,
    Anton

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, we’ll just have to add a little PHP to tell it to go below the title.

Is your page header set to above the content area or inside it?

Anton

Hi Tom, the page header is set to inside the content area.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try this PHP:

add_action( 'wp','generate_remove_page_header' );
    function generate_remove_page_header()
    {
        remove_action('generate_before_content','generate_page_header_inside', 10);
        add_action('generate_after_entry_header','generate_page_header_inside', 10);
    }

Adding PHP: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.