[Support request] Mobile Nav / Navigation as Header Padding

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile Nav / Navigation as Header Padding

Home Forums Support Mobile Nav / Navigation as Header Padding

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Hi

I am trying to set the padding for the Search icon in the navigation header which is resolutely stuck at 51px.
    I think I have targeted it with css but it seems it should be changeable in the customizer. Is there a setting in the customiser to target this as my child css is getting much longer than I’d like.

What I would ideally like is to move it to the left side of the mobile viewport and then to have leading underscores in front of the icon to indicate a place for text entry:

___________ {SearchIcon}

Something like that.

I am working on a minimum viewport width of 360px for Android so the leading spaces woould probably need to be set for @media max-width 400px, @media max-width 768px and @media max-width 2000px

On the last setting I ramped up the breakpoint in the Customiser to force mobile style navigation for desktop devices. I am sceptical this is the best way to achieve this. Any comments?

Thanks
    Ian

Ian

Here’s a screenshot

04.18.2020-10.31.57

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do you have any examples we can check out? I’m not super clear on what you’re wanting it to look like.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.