[Resolved] Minor design issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Minor design issues

Home Forums Support Minor design issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joy

Hi GP team,

Thanks again in advance for your help. I’m having a couple of minor design issues on my site.

1. In my “Did you know we have a newsletter” box, I’d like to change the paragraph to be 1.0 line spacing instead of 0.9 but can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it. I used the “simple call to action” Pattern. Not sure if this is a Generate Block or a wordpress thing.

2. I have white text for the titles of the articles in my section for latest posts (“Further reading”). But this only shows up as white on chrome. Seems to be black on firefox and patchy on mobile.

I have cleared cache and cookies.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
    J

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Select that Heading block, and switch it to a GB Headline Block, then you can use the GB Typography settings to change the Line Height.

2. Select the Container Block your Posts block is inside of, and in its Color settings set the Link color to what you need.

Joy

Hi David,

Thanks so much, 1. is sorted – so easy, thank you!
    2. I had done that already and it’s working on Chrome but for Firefox and mobile, the text is coming up as black (or in the case of mobile, some are black and some are white). So not sure if this is a browser thing? Any other thoughts on this?

Many thanks,
    J

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joy,

There’s a piece of CSS that is overriding the GB color setting.
    Can you try to disable your cache plugin so we can see where the CSS code comes from?

Joy

Hi Ying,

Thank you so much ano apologies I never got back to you. I’ve just come back to this and managed to get around it by using a query loop instead which has worked well.

Separate issue now 🙂 – On our home page, I’ve added a query loop at the top of the page (based on the “image at left” query pattern block) and would like this to show a stingle sticky post (so whatever the most recently published post that has been designated as a sticky post). In the display settings, I’ve selected “items per page” as 1 and “max pages to show” as 1. I’ve published, cleared cache etc, but it’s still showing multiple sticky posts instead of just 1. I’ve tested this on a brand new page and it works find so I’m not sure why it’s showing multiple posts on the home page.

Would you be able to suggest anything to try here?

Many thanks in advance,
    Joy

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Joy,

May you start a new topic for this new issue?

Joy

Sure will do

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thank you Joy! I’ve replied in the new topic you created.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.