[Resolved] Migrating from Clunky Theme to Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Migrating from Clunky Theme to Generate Press

Home Forums Support Migrating from Clunky Theme to Generate Press

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oisin

Hi Guys,

I’m working on a website for a client and can’t really go too much further without going deep with some dev work. I was thinking it might just be easier to migrate the website over to the Generate Press theme.

Have you any suggestions or pointers before I commit to this solution?

Many thanks,

Johnny.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

without knowing what or how the site is built its hard to say.
    As a test you could create a staging site of the original. Install GP and GPP whilst keeping all the original plugins. Then take a look to see whats missing or broken. Its a quick way of seeing what was theme specific, such as templates or post types, and if there are any plugin incompatibilities.

The very least you will get a handle on what works and what doesn’t. The latter being your list of GP things to do when you start the new site. At this point i would probably start building out a clean site with GP and import the clients content. As long as the whole thing didn’t explode in the first place 🙂

Oisin

Cheers David,

I’ll do everything you recommend and see how it looks. Would it be possible to hire you, or one of the GP team, to do any finishing touches required?

Can I DM or email you more details about this?

Many thanks,

Johnny.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry for the late reply – slipped through the net.
    You may want join our FB group and post your interest – lots of good developers there to help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/generatepress/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.