[Support request] Merge Header, hide Nav, showing Nav

Home Forums Support [Support request] Merge Header, hide Nav, showing Nav

Home Forums Support Merge Header, hide Nav, showing Nav

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Morgan

I’m using the Header Element that came with Awaken theme, have replaced the Elementor template (Anywhere Elementor shortcode), set Merge padding, and all of this seems to be working as intended.
    But setting “no navigation” doesn’t seem to work, it’s still showing navigation.
    See homepage.

My plan is to use the homepage with it’s own 1-Pg Nav – different colours, trans, 1-pg links. Haven’t decided easiest way to do so, already have duplicated menu, can I somehow just apply the different menu to homepage?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not seeing a Header Element on the homepage there – did you remove it?

I’m also seeing a lot of code that should be in the <head> area printing in the <body> area. Have you added any hooks into the wp_head hook area?

Morgan

The only Element I have is Header_home, location: Front Page, nav location: no location.
    I didn’t remove or disable it. I did just now recreate it to test, tweaking padding etc, that’s it.

The only filters I have are to add FA 5, Change Meta Layout, Faster to top
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_load_font_awesome' ); . . .
    add_filter( 'generate_header_entry_meta_items', function() . . .
    add_filter( 'generate_back_to_top_scroll_speed', 'custom_top_speed' ) . . .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is it a Layout Element or a Header Element? If it’s a Header Element, have you set it to “Merge” and set the navigation to “None”? What exactly would this look like? If those are the only options, this would just place the logo on top of the posts.

Morgan

EDIT: Ok weird behaviour. Disabled via page settings, yep, no Nav, then enabled. It’s back with trans bg that *was not showing before*.
    So, seems it’s not working as intended, but can use this strategy – keep with Nav enabled, swap Menu on frontpage with If-Menu plugin. Will report back.
    Tho, at this stage the “no nav” Header option is not working.

– – –

Yes it’s a Header element, with those exact settings.

I’m assuming you’re saying it should ONLY show the Logo, not menu.
    It’s not doing this – menu is visible.

Morgan

– – DELETED, off-topic, created another post – –

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re just trying to remove the nav, I suggest using the Disable Elements module: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

The merged header effect should really only be used if there’s some sort of hero element under it. Without a hero element, the logo will sit on top of your content and look broken.

Morgan

I *do have* a hero element, and yes I said above that i’d disabled nav in page settings and it worked.
    Have you looked at the page?

I’ll move ahead with the page settings options.

But again, what’s the deal with – Elements/Site-Header/”no navigation”, is this not meant to remove nav?
    Is this working as it should, or not?
    What am I missing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, I’ve looked at the page. I’m not seeing any signs that a Header Element is active.

If you add some test content into the Content area of the Page Hero, does it display on the page at all? That will tell us if the Element is working or not.

Yes, that option is meant to remove the navigation if the Header Element is working.

Morgan

The entire top section with video bg (“start where you are”) IS the element header.

As per Awaken theme, I’m using an Elementor template *in header*, using shortcode:
    [INSERT_ELEMENTOR id=2251]

It’s working as intended, except for navigation *not hiding*.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I was looking at the link you posted (the blog) and the menu items wouldn’t take me anywhere. Looking at homepage now – sorry!

That option should definitely be disabling the navigation – I’ll look into that.

If you want to show different menus on different pages, a plugin like this might be worth checking out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-menus/

Let me know if that does the trick 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.