[Resolved] Menu Plus Image funkiness

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu Plus Image funkiness

Home Forums Support Menu Plus Image funkiness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi!
    I just ran into something weird. I was trying out Menu Plus for the first time. Just for laughs, I added a menu image to see where it would go, and noted that it was at the left edge of the menu. (I had also stuck the menu above the header and made it “sticky”, in case that’s pertinent, and I’m testing on Chrome Windows on localhost) So far, all good.

I didn’t want to keep the menu image, though, so I removed it and saved. Then I looked at the site again. When I scrolled down, the menu image seemed to be trying to display, but since the image was removed, it showed a broken link for the image. I tried clearing my browser cache, but this did not remove the “ghost image”. When I viewed the source, sure enough, the image link code was still there.

I managed to get rid of it by choosing a different menu image, but deleted it immediately. That fixed it! So I’m guessing it’s a caching problem someplace.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dave,

That’s very strange – it sounds like something was cached, or maybe the image didn’t fully delete/save within the Customizer the first time.

Is it all good now?

David

Tom,
    Yeah, all’s well. It did seem strange. It may have been an anomaly. In any case, I have a workaround – I’m extremely persistent. πŸ™‚

So if somebody else has this happen, here’s something they can try.

Come to think of it, I had another problem I solved yesterday, this one self-created:

I was experimenting with the menu settings and made it go fully transparent. Then I found that my menu wasn’t showing at responsive size. Finally I realized that it was there, but there was no contrast between the white text and the white background colour I had set. So I’ll just write a pinch of CSS to make it transparent only down to a certain size, and that will fix it all up! πŸ™‚

Thanks for all you do! Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.