[Support request] Menu Icon image shows as broken image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu Icon image shows as broken image

Home Forums Support Menu Icon image shows as broken image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michele

Hi
    My icon for the site does not show up in mobile.
    I have tried clearing the cache
    ticking dynamic cache
    re-saving the site css
    using better search and replace plugin to find issues
    Clearing my browser cach, browsing incognito looking on another laptop, searching on my mobile
    waiting 24 hours for server cache to clear

Short of deleting the site icon I have no solutions
    thanks

Michele

Nevermind Tom I fixed it with better search and replace plugin.
    This is a recurring problem when you import setting from another site. The imported site settings logo appears even after you have changed it to the correct one.
    in inspector locate the url of the icom image. You will see the imported sites wpcontent media file.
    Use better search and replace ; enter the old url and replace in database with the new wpcontent image location.
    I wonder if this can be fixed?
    Thanks so much

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michelle, i can see the menu icons for both the primary and secondary navigations on mobile. Are you looking at this on an actual mobile device? Or a desktop browser in responsive mode?

Michele

HI David,
    I was able to fix with better search and replace, it was an import setting issue in GP whereby the “old site” icon was appearing even though the “new site icon” was showing in the customizer settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michele, sorry didnt see you earlier response, we must have posted seconds apart. I do believe this is on Tom’s radar in regards to Sites and how logos are handled. I am glad you found a fix for it,

Michele

It was a little puzzling bit the inspector showed the src code. I am looking forward to the fix as I have 80 sites to rebuild to GP.
    Thanks so much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently the import/export functionality doesn’t download/upload images and change URLs. This is something I’d like to add to the module soon 🙂

Michele

Did the recent update fix that issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The recent update was a theme update – not GP Premium.

I’ll try to get this functionality built into GPP 1.7.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.