[Resolved] Making the logo bigger than what the main navigation height allows

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Making the logo bigger than what the main navigation height allows

Home Forums Support Making the logo bigger than what the main navigation height allows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    g_younes

When the logo is placed inside primary navigation, it takes the maximum height that the navigation allows.
    Is there a way to go beyond that?
    I have a secondary navigation menu above the primary navigation, and I want the logo to span both of them.

There was a css suggestion from the support in a similar ticket:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/circle-shaped-logo-in-navigation-to-span-larger-than-the-navigation/

But the css suggested in there didn’t work (it created an additional full-width horizontal bar just for the logo and placed it between primary and secondary navigations, instead of spanning them both together).

I know this could be a bit tricky, especially that I want to preserve sticky navigation (and the primary menu changing to a smaller size along with the logo when scrolling down). It probably needs a lot of custom code to preserve all of that and probably support won’t be able to go that far – but thought of asking anyway.

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Give this CSS a shot:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        #site-navigation .navigation-branding img {
            position: absolute;
            left: 0;
            top: -25px;
            height: 75px;
        }
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

g_younes

Thank you! This actually worked but it’s a bit jumpy (not very smooth transition) but I guess it will do for now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.