[Resolved] Make Text In A Row Very Small

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Make Text In A Row Very Small

Home Forums Support Make Text In A Row Very Small

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Don

Sorry for the newbie question here but I’m in a bit of a bind.

I need to get a website done asap. It’s for a local business that is stuck out in the middle of nowhere. For SEO reasons, I want to put some text on the home page of zip codes located within a certain mile radius of this business. I want the text extremely small and colored white so only google’s crawlers can see it.

My zip code list is rather long so I had to put 12 columns in the row. After placing the text in the columns (text module), I chose predetermined as the font and the smallest it would allow me to put the text is 10 px. I’d like to go even smaller than that if at all possible.

I have no experience at all with CSS which is what I’m guessing is the solution to this problem. If anyone can offer any pointers, I sure would appreciate it. Thank you in advance. I’ve “winged it” about as far as I can. I’ve got it done at 10 pz but it’s left quite a bit of space between the last content (that can be seen by the user) and my footer widgets. I’m trying to lessen the “white space” so to speak.

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Don,

I wouldn’t recommend adding text like that so only Google can see it as it will really hurt your search rankings/get you black listed.

Don

Thanks for the reply Stacey. I had no idea it would get my site black listed. I saw others doing it in a training program I’m in. I’ll make it legible for all but keep it rather small.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, Google doesn’t like it when people do things specifically for them – they want you to do things for your users.

To make it small, you could do something like this:

<span style="font-size:11px;color:#222222;">Your small, black text in here</span>

Adjust as needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Don

Thanks for the help. I’ve got it done now and where users can see it.

Not sure who reads the support tickets but I sent one in on another matter concerning copying rows, modules. I just found my answer on a YouTube video so that ticket can be trashed. Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.