[Support request] Line Height Issues after Elementor Update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Line Height Issues after Elementor Update

Home Forums Support Line Height Issues after Elementor Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chris

So my guess is that some update done by Elementor has caused some parts of the Customizer for GP to not function properly. I have been working with you on the Giant site to show you the line height issues.

This video is on another site I’ve been working on today and it has the same issue.
    http://giantishere.com/generate-press/Line-Height-Not-Working.mov

And an even bigger concern is that on my largest clients page, the settings in the customizer for a live retail site now no longer works. It’s all stuck at 1.0 per the Elementor update.

View post on imgur.com

Can you please give me some type of ETA for getting the customizer settings working again? The Grab The Gold site is kinda a bit deal for me.

Thanks!
    CDS

Lyle

Chris –
    Looks as though you aren’t being specific enough with the selector; need to include the “size” selected in E.

This works for me in FF Firebug:

.elementor-widget-heading .elementor-heading-title.elementor-size-xl {
        line-height: 1.8em;
    }

Also, Chrome Console is showing 5 warnings for me.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Chris

No, what’s happened is that the GP customizer is no longer working for the line height. This site and the others used to work fine. As you can see from the video attached is that the line height in the GP customizer no longer has any affect to the H2 tag at all. It used to work, and now it’s stopped. This is as issue as all of the sites I built using GP premium no longer have the correct line height.

This should have gone to GP premimum support. Did I get that wrong when I submitted this?

CDS

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any reason why you created a new topic instead of using this one you created?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/elementor-not-letting-go

I explained why this isn’t a GP issue here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/elementor-not-letting-go/#post-379792

We can only target the h2 element. We can’t target classes specific to Elementor in our code. Elementor needs to remove their CSS, as it will overwrite the h2 CSS no matter what theme people are using.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I should add – the GP Customizer is still functioning as it should. The option is being updated and printed.

The issue is that Elementor is using a more specific class, so it’s overwriting the GP CSS.

Chris

Got it. From my point of view, someone’s software is not working.

= )

CDS

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can be super frustrating. In order for this to get fixed, Elementor will need to remove that CSS from their plugin.

Chris

I bet that’s not going to happen. So what does that do for your software? Can’t you write something in that would use that class and change in your customizer?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If GP were to add extra classes and code for things like this, the theme would no longer be lightweight. It would be full of fixes and extra CSS which shouldn’t be necessary if the CSS is fixed by the other plugin authors.

Elementor is definitely free to contact me, but I think the developers would agree with me. It would be a bit silly for me to add extra code into GP to overwrite an Elementor specific class. That shouldn’t be necessary with a plugin like Elementor, which should work as is with any theme.

Chris

Strange. I wish you would contact them and let them know. They won’t hear it from me. They think there is zero issue and that it’s just me. Coming from you would mean so much more.

You would think that if they are selling your product, they would make sure their product worked with it.
    https://elementor.com/responsive-homepage-generatepress/

CDS

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just sent them a message, but from what I could tell from your emails, they understand the issue and are looking at fixing it.

Chris

Cool. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like they don’t consider it a bug. They suggest you add this CSS:

.elementor-widget-heading .elementor-heading-title {line-height: inherit;}

Chris

I also sent in another ticket today about a page header issue. I didn’t see a response on that one.

= )

#mylifeisasupportissue

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to that topic? I’m not seeing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Line Height Issues after Elementor Update’ is closed to new replies.