[Support request] Elementor not letting go

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elementor not letting go

Home Forums Support Elementor not letting go

• This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Chris

So I’ve been trying to get this resolved for almost 10 days with Elementor now. So many lost emails on their end and overall lack of any support. This makes me super nervous.

Anyway, they claim that it’s your software not working properly.

I have a bit of text where the Elementor styles are overriding everything I’ve thrown at it. I’ve also disabled their styling and it’s not helping.

They said they’d contact you about it but I’ve heard nothing back again.

Here’s the info that I gathered for them. Can you please take a look and see what’s going on. I followed your advise where if it says “elementor” it’s probably an issue I could ask them.

————————

http://giant2018.giantishere.com/

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

—————————

Thanks!
    CDS

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just making sure, so you have tried to change that in Customizer > Typography > Headings > H2 and didn’t work?

Chris

The size works fine. I can pull the line height all the way to the left
    Or right and it does nothing at all.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah line height is still set by Elementor. They will need to fix that.

You can see that the next paragraph is working fine.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – I haven’t heard from them at all.

You can see here that their class is setting the line-height, which is overwriting the line-height set by the theme: https://www.screencast.com/t/Gcq50mSqpm

Chris

Can you Please read through this so I feel like I’m going at least a little less crazy? I’ve been emailing them about this since August 24th and still can’t get them to understand what I was able to explain to you very quickly. I don’t know if maybe it’s something lost in translation or what.

You may need to contact them and explain what and why their software is not working. The check boxes to turn off the control of their software is not working. We agree on that. YES! Finally after 2 weeks of being super frustrated, some type of forward progress. Maybe you can explain it to their support team in a way they can understand??

I submitted the same ticket over the course of a week. No response. I’d recreate all of the screen shots and send it again through their online form and nothing again. No record of the email even though I was getting automated responses from their system. So hard to try and keep your cool when this happens. The only solution is to keep at it and try and stay cool.

Here’s the most recent thread since they have been receiving my emails.

I replied to the most recent response from them where they are telling me I’m trying to use two editors and that is causing the issues. I can’t seem to get them to understand that their software will not let go of the control.

They also go on to state that the issue is actually with GP Premium. Here’s that statement from them.

it seems to be an issue with GP premium.
    We did not change anything related to that recently.

We will contact the developer of GP to solve this issue. In the meantime, you can use the CSS aforementioned.
    You can also report this issue to the support of GP as well.

—————————-

Gabriel replied
    Sep 4, 14:45
    Hi Chris,

We are currently in contact with the help desk company that we use to handle the tickets and we will get an answer soon regarding the tickets that we cannot find.

Regarding the H2 controls, you cannot change the line height from the Customizer of GeneratePress given that the class of Elementor {.elementor-widget-heading .elementor-heading-title”) is more specific than the class of GeneratePress (“h2”), as a matter of fact Elementor CSS overrides the one of GP premium.
    Please note that GP premium typography controls make the same thing than the typography of Elementor so these issues are difficult to avoid and it can be awkward to edit from two editors.

We will see if there is a satisfying solution except adding custom CSS to control over the line-height in this case.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel from Elementor
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
    Join the conversation & learn from our Elementor Community.

How would you rate my reply?
    Satisfaction Rating Icons

Chris Stovall replied
    Sep 3, 17:32
    Okay. I email with that guy a lot. He always told me that if it has “elementor” in the code to contact you first. So that’s what I did. When I first started using your product together, I emailed him for a lot of issues that were not his.

Thanks for following up on all of this.

I run my own dedicated server at Bluehost using WHMCS. In that software I can track all email coming and going from the server and whether or not it was delivered. This would be the first place I would look.

If you look at the response below, they specifically state that it’s an issue with GP premium.

Thanks again for your help!
    CDS

Gabriel replied
    Sep 3, 10:05
    Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late reply and the issue with the reception of your emails. We are still checking what went wrong with these 3 emails that did not reach us.

.When you disable the global colors and global fonts option it has no consequences about the other styles added with Elementor. When this is checked you inherit the colors and the fonts of your theme.

As regards the line height when you add Custom CSS via the Customizer or via the Custom CSS tab of Elementor it works if you select the right class:
    Add this for instance and you will see the change:
    .elementor-widget-heading .elementor-heading-title {line-height:1.3;}
    It does not work indeed when you do it without coding via the Customizer and it seems to be an issue with GP premium.
    We did not change anything related to that recently.

We will contact the developer of GP to solve this issue. In the meantime, you can use the CSS aforementioned.
    You can also report this issue to the support of GP as well.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel from Elementor
    Join the conversation & learn from our Elementor Community.

Chris Stovall replied
    Sep 3, 9:16
    I don’t think you understand, I have it check to let my Theme control the style. The problem is that I have it check for your control to let go but it’s not letting go.

I checked the boxes and elementor is still controlling the line-height. I can’t write a style to overcome it and the settings are not working. If you look at the images I sent, you can see that using the theme to try and affect the fonts does nothing. You can also see that even though the box is checked, the CSS says elementor in the inspector and my style and the theme style are both crossed it even with an !important tag.

I want elementor to let go just like the check box says it should, but it’s not letting go.

I’m now sure or else to explain this. It’s checked. But the elementor style is still active and not allowing the theme style to work. This is a bug. It only happened after the most recent update.

Please advise. I just want to be able to continue building this site and using the theme styles.

Please look at the images attached again. They are detailed and have comments that explain everything.

Thanks!
    CDS

Boaz replied
    Sep 3, 7:38
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry for the delayed reply.
    I can see that you sent few tickets that were replied, but I’m not sure what went wrong with this specific issue.

Regarding your conflict, first of all, the 2 checkboxes that you checked and enabled are doing the opposite,
    i.e. when checking it you are letting your Theme control the fonts and colors and not Elementor.
    So, you need to keep it unchecked in order to let Elementor control the typography.

If you do so, and the conflict continues, you can send us credentials to your admin panel and we will look into this.

Best Regards,

Boaz from Elementor