[Support request] Left Sidebar main navigation – 5 issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] Left Sidebar main navigation – 5 issues

Home Forums Support Left Sidebar main navigation – 5 issues

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JAY

Hello,

I would like to do 5 things but not sure how to implement. I am a novice with code so any help I can get would be terrific.

1. Remove the arrows on the left sidebar navigation (possibly show a line at the edge of the bar instead)

2. Make the sidebar navigation menu and sub menu container span from the top of the page (where the content begins not including the header or top bar) to the bottom of the page.

3. I would like to have the menu and submenu content padded from the top without spreading the text apart vertically.

4. Also, I would like to have the menu scroll on the side with the page and not change into the sticky menu at the top.

5. Is it possible to have the submenu slide out on hover? The current slide out option with the theme is not quite what I am going for.

Here is what I am going for – http://www.dunhill.com

I hope this all makes sense. Please let me know if I need to clarify any questions further.

Thanks
    Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This kind of layout would require pretty extensive custom coding to achieve in GP at the moment – definitely more than I can provide in the forum here.

However, I do have plans to create an add-on that can achieve this kind of style, as it’s quite popular (and look great).

JAY

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response. Is it possible to do any of them? The most important ones are – 1 (just remove the arrows), 3 – create space above the menu logo so it doesn’t look too squished at the top & 4 – side menu scroll with the page instead of sticky menu at the top.

These would really help the layout look clean for my site.

Thanks
    Jay

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That should be do-able.

1. Try this:

.sidebar .menu-item-has-children .dropdown-menu-toggle {
        display: none;
    }

2. Hard to know without seeing it, but try this:

.sidebar .navigation-logo {
        margin-top: 20px;
    }

3. Set your transition type to “None”: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/#sticky-navigation-transition

JAY

Hi Tom,.

Thank you so much for the support.

One last question. I am a novice with code as pointed out earlier. Where do I place the code?

Thanks
    Jay

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.