[Resolved] Learndash subdomain vs. transition to new theme on main domain

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Learndash subdomain vs. transition to new theme on main domain

Home Forums Support Learndash subdomain vs. transition to new theme on main domain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi fellas-

Loved the product and support over the last few years- thanks for that!

I need to add a Learnpress LMS to the site to sell courses, with Woo integration, etc.

I love the flexibility of Generatepress. However, by adding LearnDash, I might spend more time than I should on CSS and troubleshooting PHP than developing new lesson content. (especially after reading other support forum topics related to Learndash)

There is a theme called BuddyBoss that’s set up/tailored for Learndash integration. Since I’d like to use this theme, I have two options-

1. keep the content marketing and blog on the main domain: mysite.com using Generatepress, and create a subdomain classroom.mysite.com with a fresh install of wordpress and Buddyboss to sell and administer courses. Technically cleaner, but will take a hit on SEO.

2. Install Buddyboss over the top of the main domain and uninstall Generatepress. Better SEO, but might get messy? I guess I’d prefer this one if it isn’t a technical nightmare.

Can you advise what technical issues or pitfalls there might be by shoehorning the new Buddyboss theme into my existing site build? Will it break the site, or just involve minimal clean-up and formatting issues?

All the best and thanks for your help!

Michael

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael,

If you wish to push #1, you can try doing WordPress Multisite.

This way, you can separate which goes to a site w/ GeneratePress theme and which site takes the LMS.

Can you advise what technical issues or pitfalls there might be by shoehorning the new Buddyboss theme into my existing site build? Will it break the site, or just involve minimal clean-up and formatting issues?

Personally, I’d try going w/ only LearnDash + GeneratePress only first.

I’m not exactly sure how much effort on CSS and PHP it would take but it seems option #1 and #2 is just as tedious so might as well try w/ the more straightforward option first. (assuming you have ample time)

Michael

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Elvin-

I’ve decided to follow your advice and stick with the original Generatepress theme and site build for the time being.

Subdomains seem clean and simple, but it’s nice to keep everyone on the same browser tab for SEO and marketing purposes.

Cheers!

Michael

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.