Lazyload on masonry blog posts

Home Forums Support Lazyload on masonry blog posts

Home Forums Support Lazyload on masonry blog posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SCIP

I am not sure if you will be able to provide an answer to this (perhaps it might be a future bug fix).

LazyLoad doesn’t seem to work on the Masonry blog. See http://hamilton.scipdev.org/news-events/

I have tried too different plugins, BL Lazyload and currently Rocketcache. The images are not all the same height.

I can disable lazyload, but I just wondered if you could like of any solution.

Many thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like all of the necessary classes and data have been added to the images by the plugin.

When was the last time the plugin was updated?

SCIP

Thanks for the reply Tom

I have tried the latest version of BJ Lazyload (released a few days ago) and the latest version of wp-rocket and even loaded an old lazyload plugin. Nome of which worked.

I found some code is a site based upon a theme by Anders Noren who set a delay on the image loading. This seemed to help with a layout I produced with wp-toolset.

The code is

//Masonry blocks
    $blocks = $(".posts");

$blocks.imagesLoaded(function(){
    $blocks.masonry({
    itemSelector: '.post-container'
    });

// Fade blocks in after images are ready (prevents jumping and re-rendering)
    $(".post-container").fadeIn();
    });

$(document).ready( function() { setTimeout( function() { $blocks.masonry(); }, 500); });

$(window).resize(function () {
    $blocks.masonry();
    });

This might help.

I am more than happy to turn of lazyloading when I publish the site. I can then disable all the plugins on the demo site to see if it makes any difference.

This is such a great theme to work with.

Kind regards

Mark

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – those plugins should really work. GP uses core post thumbnail functions to display the post images, so if those plugins are built to work with any theme, I don’t see why they wouldn’t work with GP.

Your images do load, and they do seem to load as I scroll down, but they’re not fading in or anything nice.

Have you checked with the plugin developers?

SCIP

I think the problem might be something to do with lazyload loading an image of a certain size before the real image is loaded and this messes up the height of the blocks.

A solution, if anyone else has the problem, is just to disable lazyload on the blog page.

It only takes a few miliseconds longer to load the page because there wont be that many images, and the masonry block looks so good!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – thanks for posting the workaround in here, I’m sure someone will find it to be helpful.

Glad you’re enjoying the theme! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.