[Resolved] Last updated date not shown in the search results

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Last updated date not shown in the search results

Home Forums Support Last updated date not shown in the search results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Velin

Hello,

I want to display the last updated date of my posts in the Google search results and I’ve submitted a topic about that a few weeks ago. You’ve provided me with the following code, which hides the published date and instead shows only the updated date of the posts:

.posted-on .updated {
        display: inline-block;
    }
    .posted-on .published {
        display: none;
    }
    .posted-on .updated:before {
        content: "Last updated: ";
    }

This is working only on the website, where the updated date is visible. However, once I switched the theme from my old one to GeneratePress and the search box indexed the website again, only the published date is shown in the results. Will you please let me know what needs to be done to fix that? With all old themes that I’ve previously used it was just a matter of simple functions.php edit to achieve that and it was working great.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If the updated date is in your source and includes microdata (it does by default), Google will pick it up. You can run your page through Google and see if it’s reading the updated date: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool

Velin

Well, I’ve checked the post and I’m able to see the published and updated dates:

updated	
    August 23, 2017

Those are located in the ‘hatom’ element, so I believe everything is fine on my end, correct? It totally depends from Google to decide whether or not to show the modified date of the post.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Should be fine – now it’s just up to Google to re-index and show the updated text.

Velin

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Sabbir

Same problem. and also Google re-index my post but still showing published date not updated date (See SS: http://prntscr.com/paooe5). what can I do now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

your search console is displaying both the published and updated ( modified ) dates so it is working correctly. Are you displaying the Updated Date on the actual Post? If so then Google should see that and re-index the page at some point.

Sabbir

so, how can I show only updated date on Google?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Sabbir

hello Leo, where to add this code?

Sabbir

Yes, it works fine, but I want to show here “last Updated” before the date

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the page in question?

Sabbir

still showing to date . Update and modify date in structured-data testing-tool

here is the link:

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you want last updated to show in live site right?

Try this CSS:

.updated-date:before {
        content: "Last updated: ";
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.