[Support request] Issue 'cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds'

Home Forums Support [Support request] Issue 'cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds'

Home Forums Support Issue 'cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds'

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jonah

Hey,

Unfortunately, I can’t activate the updates on my website via the premium key. I already contacted OVH & followed their guideline on the ovhconfig file. Nothing works. Any help welcomes!

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this would generally mean that the server cannot connect to generatepress.com or there is a modsec ( or equivalent security ) rule blocking it. Can you check with your host if this is the case?

Jonah

Hi there,

I had a response of OVH. Here is their message :

“I confirm that there is no blocking of outgoing connections on your
    accommodation.

In most cases, errors of this type are returned when the connection is blocked at the provider of the theme or plugin concerned. You should check with them if the IP of our gateway, available in this
    guide : https://docs.ovh.com/fr/hosting/liste-des-adresses-ip-des-clusters-et-hebergements-web/#cluster-027 is still allowed to connect to their servers.”

Any solution?

Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It’s possible that your server IP is blocked on our end. Can you share it with us so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Jonah

Hey Tom,

I don’t know much about IP addresses but if I’m not wrong, here is the good data:

IPv4: 54.36.91.62 or the IPv6: 2001:41d0:301::27 (In doubt, I indicated both)

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just checked with our server admins and they confirmed those IPs are not banned by our server.

Are you using any firewalls? Cloudflare or Sucuri maybe?

Jonah

Hi there,

No, anything special…

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, something must be blocking the communication. On our end, the only blockage can come from banning IPs, which our server hasn’t done in your case.

I’m assuming there’s something else happening on your server, unfortunately.

Jonah

Hey Tom,

Strangely, the key works for my second website! I think very seriously that the problem came from OVH. Thank you for everything !

Great evening!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Servers can be strange sometimes.. Glad it’s working on the other site 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.