[Resolved] Is something like this possible to do for a player profile?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is something like this possible to do for a player profile?

Home Forums Support Is something like this possible to do for a player profile?

• This topic has 73 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Fernando.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It looks like you are not using CPT for the player’s page, I checked the player’s page, it is just a regular post.

I think the first thing you should do is to figure out how to create the CPT:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/is-something-like-this-possible-to-do-for-a-player-profile/#post-2206113

Heath

So I went back and did the 2nd step and I got oops that page can’t be found.

Heath

Any other pointers?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t see the link as it’s a preview link.

Is this the custom post type you created with Custom Post Type UI plugin?

Heath

Yes. It is but nothing shows up.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide admin access to your site? I can take a look at the backend.

Please use private info field for the login details.

Heath

Yes credentials provided

Heath

Input the link to the site as well.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It was a permalink issue, I logged in and hit the save button at dashboard > settings > permalinks, it’s working now.

Heath

Thank you for figuring that out.

1. I don’t see all of the fields that I input though. Any chance you know what is causing that?

2. Also is there a way to get the all of the fields to look something similar to this?

https://ibb.co/HKt8pqx

I’d like something similar for the player name, profile pic and the stats. Kind of lost on these next steps.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Now the CPT is created, you can build a block element – content template with the layout you want.

You can use headlineblock in the block element to outputs the custom field.

1. I don’t see all of the fields that I input though. Any chance you know what is causing that?

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean the front end or the backend?
    If you mean the front end, it’s normal behavior as you haven’t called the custom field in the template, so they won’t show.
    If you mean the back end, then that’s a question for the custom field/CPT plugin.

Heath

I mean when I look at the post, not all the fields are showing.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you mean the post in editor or the published post?

Heath

I’m sorry. The published custom post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry for the delay – your last reply slipped through our system.

I logged in to take a look.
    First thing is to edit the Element titled: Player Profile and make these changes.

2022-05-18_11-08-23

Then the second stage is to add your custom field data to that Block element.
    To do this we add a

a. Headline block – the text you enter doesn’t matter is it will be overwritten by the Custom Field.
    b. Set the Headline Blocks Dynamic Data to Post Meta and in the Field Name add the ACF field name:

Repeat that for each of your ACF Fields.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • The topic ‘Is something like this possible to do for a player profile?’ is closed to new replies.