[Support request] Is it possible to change the font family for content font in widgets?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Is it possible to change the font family for content font in widgets?

Home Forums Support Is it possible to change the font family for content font in widgets?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    robchanoi

Hi – I have had a look through the search function – not seeing anything pop up.

I’d like to change the font family for the content font in the widgets, so not the heading but say the product categories that appear under it.

In typography I can only see a way to change the heading title font family for the widget not the content categories it lists below – I’m clearly missing something.

Plus also is it possible to italicize the text in both heading and content of the widget like here:

https://www.adult-templates.com/demo/?template_id=59189

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can just target the widget to change the title and text font and italicise it like so:

.sidebar .widget {
        font-style: italic;
        font-family: 'century gothic';
    }
    robchanoi

Do you mean copy and paste it into a “custom css widget”? and drop that widget in the right side bar?

Please assume I know nothing about going in the front end.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just add the code to Customizer > Additional CSS.

robchanoi

Where is additional css please?
    Not in left menu.

http://menspleasures.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/ink.png

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats odd. Additional CSS is part of WordPress so should appear at the bottom of the customizer menu. Its not related to GP, and would have required a plugin or custom function to have removed it.

Alternatively, install Simple CSS its one of Tom’s plugins:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

robchanoi

Thanks David – that worked.
    And to change the font color of both the headings beneath the header I would insert additional css code?
    GP Widget font color and additional css code not aligning – if thats the correct term.
    GP widget color and somple css not aligning
    (Really need to catch up on my css – soz)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

those headings are H1’s – are these to be different colors to the rest of the H1’s on the site?

The ‘for him’ text is a link, they are getting their colors from the body color links. You can change the Sidebar widget link colors.

robchanoi

I see, why would “for him” be a link and not a side-bar link?

By dropping product categories into the right side bar widget it does not assume the link as a sidebar widget link but just a normal link, how might one rectify that please?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to set the Colors > Sidebar Widgets > Link color. Currently they are set to the default which inherits the link colors from the body.

robchanoi

Cheers David, a glaring miss on my part.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.