[Resolved] Insert widget below site title and tagline in header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Insert widget below site title and tagline in header

Home Forums Support Insert widget below site title and tagline in header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard

Hi,
    based on your article “Split header in three sections” I made some test.
    I want to split the header in two and insert a widget below the title plus a widget on the right side. In my test I found that it is enough to insert in the before header content

[widget-shortcode]

leaving the right side with the widget in header.

In this way I have the logo image on the left side plus a widget underneath plus a widget on the right side.

This was my test so far, it’s not live on my site now.

Now I would like to substitute the logo and use site title (including link to “home”) and tagline with typographie and colours as defined in the customizer.

Is there a way to do this or is there another solution to insert a widget below the site title and tagline?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i can’t quite picture what you are trying to do. Without seeing it can be tricky, but this may help, it explains where all the other hooks are that you could be using:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

Bernhard

Hi David,
    I have now inserted the site title as image in the header and the two ads. As my site is multilingual, I have inserted the images german/english in two enhanced text widgets. In the same enhanced text widget is the Elementor shortcode for the AD.
    My question is how to insert the title direct with typography and colour defined in the customizer instead of using the image.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what happens if you just use the Customiser > Identity and set you Title and Tag line there? Does it break the layout?

If that doesn’t work, then you could remove the Text widget containing the Title / Site branding and replace it with a Custom HTML widget and add this:

<div class="site-branding">
    	<p class="main-title" itemprop="headline">
    		<a href="your_site_home_URL" rel="home">
    			Your Site tite
    		</a>
    	</p>
    	<p class="site-description">
    		Your | Site | Tagline
    	</p>
    </div>

Then you can use the Typography / Color settings for the Header Site Title and Tag line.

Bernhard

Setting title and tagline in the customizer moves the title to the next free space in the header (to the right or to the bottom).
    I implemented then the 2nd solution and this is perfect.
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

thats great !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.