[Resolved] I'm getting compatibility problems that I can't solve

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I'm getting compatibility problems that I can't solve

Home Forums Support I'm getting compatibility problems that I can't solve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dialoga

Hello,

We purchased your theme and to this day, It’s the most versatile template I have worked with. Thank you! However, I found several problems that maybe you can help me with, or perhaps there are some bugs you didn’t noticed.

I’m using the site “Liberte” but it was heavily customized. I added some more plugins but the recommended ones are still there. The first thing is related with a plugin so maybe you won’t be able to help, though It comes with your theme:

With GP Social Share, I noticed two things:
    There is no way to eliminate some buttons. For example, I wouldn’t like to have the Google + one.
    And, when adding a right sidebar, the content in the Social Share row on the left gets cut. It’s not much, maybe a 10% of the content, but it makes it look odd.

You can see it here in any blog post.

There is another thing I don’t understand, but when I try to edit the page “Writing” with Elementor it just crashes. It’s not a big deal but It would be nice if I could configure that page to show a grid instead of a list of articles.

And the last problem it’s related to the mobile part:
    When I check a post from my phone, either if it is an iPhone or an Android, I can’t see any margin at all. The text just sticks to the borders. Is there any way of having control over that? Having some margin would be nice.

Also (i noticed this problem with another page) I can’t seem to be able to configure a logo to show up on the menu instead of the configured title with it’s typography. For example, on my personal site, the text is a PNG with the text using Futura with some edits in colors and I can see it if I use a computer or a tablet, but when I use a phone it’s just text.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

lets take a couple at a time 🙂

1. GP Social Share,
    a. you simply delete the SVG markup from the Google+ field in the plugin settings.
    b. I am not sure i am seeing the issue ? Is this on an particular browser – or please share a screenshot 🙂

2. the Writing page is set as the WP Blog – set in Settings > Reading to display latest posts. You cannot edit this directly. To replace the list go to Customizer > Additional CSS and remove the following CSS – note this will also remove the list display from the Front Page:

@media (min-width: 600px) {

body:not(.single):not(.page) .inside-article,
        .wp-show-posts-inner {
            display: grid;
            grid-template-columns: 30% auto;
        }

.post-image,
        .entry-summary,
        .wp-show-posts-image {
            margin-top: 0;
            margin-bottom: 0;
        }

.post-image,
        .wp-show-posts-image {
            grid-column: 1;
            grid-row: 1 / 4;
            margin-right: 2em
        }

.entry-meta {
            grid-column: 2;
        }

.post-image img,
        .wp-show-posts-image img {
            -o-object-fit: cover !important;
               object-fit: cover !important;
            height: 100% !important;
            vertical-align: middle;
        }

}

Then you can set the columns etc using the Customizer > Layout > Blog options:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-overview/

Dialoga

Thank you so much David.
    I’m getting the problem with the icons on an iMac screen. If you activate developer options you can see that in any responsive option part of the icon gets cut. Check any post on my page so you can see. But perhaps is a problem with my screen since it’s quite big, I’m only getting the problem there.

Also, do you see a problem with the margins of any post on mobile? Perhaps it’s intended, but the text has no margin at all either on iPhone or Android. It happens only on mobile. I haven’t found anything related on the documentation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you send me a screenshot of the icon problem – also on a large iMac and can’t see it.

The second issue – go to Appearance > Elements and look for a layout element that includes Posts within its Locations:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Edit this and check in the Content tab and let me know the settings ?

Dialoga

Thank you David, that solved it. Now it looks great.
    It was default and I changed it to contained.

And about the problem with the social media buttons, you can check them here
    https://blog.ahabdigital.com/captura-de-pantalla-2020-02-19-a-las-12-18-43/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah – oh my i had to fiddle with the browser zoom to see it lol

Try this CSS:

#gp-social-share svg {
        overflow: visible;
    }
    Dialoga

Yes, it was actually just to let you know about it. But once again you solved it! the code worked perfectly.
    Thank you again David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ll pass it onto the GP Social Share developer 🙂

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.