[Support request] I want to change the color of the text in my footer

Home Forums Support [Support request] I want to change the color of the text in my footer

Home Forums Support I want to change the color of the text in my footer

• This topic has 27 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Nick

I have 3 links at the bottom of my footer that were supposed to be burgundy to match the color of the text in my main menu. But, when I turned them into links, they changed to static blue. Can you tell me how to change the text color to burgundy #932200, and have them turn blue when highlighted? Thanks so much…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Go to Customizer > Colors > Footer Widgets > Link and Link Hover.

Let me know.

Nick

That didn’t work. I think it might be because I built my footer as a template. Maybe I need some short code?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh you are using Elementor for them.

There should be a way to change the color within Elementor.

I would recommend checking with their support first.

Let me know.

Nick

So, I built the template with Elementor, but I assembled it in AE Templates. When I open the template and use Elementor, it actually shows the text color as the color I want, but it’s not actually changing the text color. So, it’s there, it’s just not working. And, they are giving me the runaround and saying it’s probably my theme. Is there any way you can help me? I’d really appreciate it…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that’s really weird that Customizer > Colors > Footer Widgets > Link and Link Hover settings didn’t work.

What happens when you change a color in there? Nothing? Or does it work in customizer preview?

Let me know.

Nick

When I change the color of the link and link hover nothing happens, and it doesn’t change in the preview either. When I built it in the first place, the color was correct, but as soon as I turned it into a link it changed it to blue with a black hover.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you select a different color in the customizer setting, save, then clear your caching plugin and let me have a look?

Thanks!

Nick

Do you mean “purge all” in my cache button at the top of my wordpress window? Other than that I don’t think I have a cache plugin?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah try that. Or deactivate Endurance page cache.

Nick

OK, I changed the colors of the link and link hover, published it, then purged my cache. Nothing has changed. The problem is still there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that’s very strange.

Try this CSS then:

.element-727ae99 a {
        color: #fff;
    }
    .element-727ae99 a:hover {
        color: #000;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

I would still recommend dig a little further with Elementor’s support as everything is built from them. No point only using GP to control the color.

Nick

That CSS didn’t work either. Any other thoughts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange that the Elementor options aren’t working. Not sure how their support would think it’s the theme.

Perhaps try this CSS?:

.elementor-128 a {
        color: #932200;
    }
    Nick

Tom, that worked! The color of the text has been changed, but now I still need the color to change to blue when I hover over the link. Not sure what’s going on. I used GP hooks when I created the template, not sure what the problem is. Thanks Tom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.