[Support request] I can't get sidebars to appear on front page

Home Forums Support [Support request] I can't get sidebars to appear on front page

Home Forums Support I can't get sidebars to appear on front page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JB

Here I am again. No sidebars on front page. What is the solution? Thanks so much!!

JB

JB

Well, I tried it as a “Post” and it still does not work. A list of posts works. So I am leaving it as a Page and waiting for your suggestions. It is apparent that a lot of people have asked this question. This seems pretty important. A bug?

JB

Ok, here is the issue: If I use a page that does not have sections (in my website ‘A regular old page’) the sidebars appear. If I take the same page, and put in sections, they do not see the original page. So I put in some stuff, continue with it as a page or front page, and the sidebars do not show. Using sections appears to suppress the sidebars. I turn off sections, and the sidebars appear.

This is not good….

Best regards,

JB

JB

My God. This is stupid. Found it. Just use the Plug-In Code Snippets and activate this snippet:

add_filter( ‘generate_sections_sidebars’,’__return_true’ );

I mean, really, Generatepress. Fix this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you found the solution and apologies it caused some frustration.

Sections was designed as a very basic pagebuilder more for landing pages so it was built with Sidebars disabled. It was never envisioned that it would be used with one, but as always Tom added filters to make it possible.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.