[Resolved] How to exclude content from blog sidebar?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to exclude content from blog sidebar?

Home Forums Support How to exclude content from blog sidebar?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mathieu

I want to exclude certain posts from “recent stuff” and other such widgets. Do I accomplish this using GP? Thanks!

Mathieu

Also, not related to my above problem but, on my home page https://studiolaflamme.com/

both the home and the images menu items light up. The images link is a #link to a row. What do you suggest to make this look better?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to conditionally display different widgets you would need a plugin there are quite a few on the WordPress repository eg.

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/widget-options/

For the Images item, give the menu item a Class of jump-link and add this CSS:

.header-wrap #site-navigation:not(.toggled) .main-nav > ul > li.jump-link:hover > a {
        color: #3a3a3a;
    }
    Mathieu

Hi
    I did the following and cleared my cache. I must have done something wrong

View post on imgur.com

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can see it working on the Images menu item hover. The home will remain a static color as that is the normal behaviour. Let me know.

Mathieu

Ah. When I land on the home page no items on the menu are lit up, but as soon as I scroll down both the home and the images items light up–together. I don’t want the images item to light up until I hit the images section, and when I hit this section I want the home menu 2 light off. That’s what I thought I was fixing with the code you sent, I don’t see what the code did actually. There was a bunch of code in simple css as soon as I downloaded it and activated it (which you can see in the initial screen shoot) I remember this with no apparent change either.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry my bad, thats quite tricky to do we recommend using a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-scroll-to-id/

It allows you to style the nav whilst consider on page links.

Mathieu

Ok thanks for your help. I just removed the link. To be honest this seems wrong. I’ve used other themes and never had this problem. But I don’t know much about this sort of thing so I’ll refrain from being judgmental. I love your theme. And your support was fast and helpful. So thanks for that!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It is WP that adds a current-page / menu-item class to any anchors on the page, which causes the problem. I can only assume some Themes have included a function similar to the Page-scroll-to-id plugin to get around this.

Sorry i couldn’t be more help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.