[Resolved] How to add social media to main nav bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to add social media to main nav bar

Home Forums Support How to add social media to main nav bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Earl Green

Hey there,

I’m stuck! lol I installed and activated Tom’s Lightweight Social Icons but don’t have a clue how to use them! I tried to find info but no luck. I’m sure I’m missing it.

I would like to just add Facebook and eventually add Youtube to my main Nav bar. Is that possible?

Thanks everyone!

Earl

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Lightweight Social Icons creates a widget you can drop into your widget areas in “Appearance > Widgets”.

For adding icons to your menu, I suggest this method instead: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/menu-social-icons/

Earl Green

Great! It works perfect. So what is your plugin Lightweight Social Icons for?

I can’t believe how perfect your programs are. Also your help is amazing. When I get this website finished this week, I’ll be writing reviews where ever I can.

Thanks again for so much of your help.

Earl

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

LSI is a widget, so they can be added into the widget areas throughout the theme.

It also styles the buttons for you etc.. instead of you manually needing to with HTML.

Thank you! Really glad you’re enjoying GP ๐Ÿ™‚

Tanner

Hi,

New GP Premium user, and new to WordPress.

I was also looking to add social media buttons to the nav bar. I followed your instructions above copying the Font Awesome code. Worked well, but I’m wondering if there is a way to make the icons bigger without making the other menu text bigger? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tanner

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question?

We can definitely help with that.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.