- This topic has 42 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Ying.
October 17, 2022 at 4:10 am #2376081Paul
hello,how are you
how to show or add the ” related products” & ” related blogs” at end of each product page and single post page? https://prnt.sc/PHt_sDpkTRsb and https://prnt.sc/12w48XAdYxD3
right now i do not want to install the plugin of woo, just want to show all content by pages.
1. achieve it by plugin?
2. achieve it without plugin, just use the functions from genertepress them and gnerareblocks? now i m using generateblocks pro
pls explain it and thanks.October 17, 2022 at 4:39 am #2376118DavidStaffCustomer Support
if you’re using GenerateBlocks Pro then you can use the Query Loop Block to display posts that share the same Taxonomy terms as the current post.
1. Create a new Block Element, set the Hook for where you want it displayed eg.
See here for hook reference
2. Add a Query Loop block, design it as you require it.
Now Add 2 new paremeters that match this:
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 17, 2022 at 4:47 am #2376127Paul
this method is also useful for adding the ” related products” at end of each product page?October 17, 2022 at 4:56 am #2376137DavidStaffCustomer Support
For your product pages, create a separate block element as above, but change the Query Loops > Post Type to whatever type you have for your products.
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 17, 2022 at 5:05 am #2376146Paul
im sorry that it is not useful for For your product pages. pls check this https://prnt.sc/MuQBKAUga1AjOctober 17, 2022 at 5:52 am #2376174DavidStaffCustomer Support
Can you share a link to a product page on your site ?
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 17, 2022 at 6:38 am #2376225Paul
pls check the link of the single product page in private info
thanksOctober 17, 2022 at 6:44 am #2376232DavidStaffCustomer Support
Ok, so they are a standard Page.
How does one Product Page relate to another Product Page ?
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 17, 2022 at 7:06 am #2376259Paul
yes, how to add the ” related product page” at the end of the single product page?
when i do that as your guide, then the result is like this https://prnt.sc/MuQBKAUga1Aj , can not choose the product page.
that is problemOctober 17, 2022 at 8:05 am #2376470DavidStaffCustomer Support
WordPress Pages do not have Taxonomies like Categories and Tags by default.
Have you added any code to give your Pages a Category ?
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/October 17, 2022 at 7:06 pm #2376915Paul
We will use the single page to show my product content and other service content. and you will find that if you check my website.
Before i will install woocommerce plugin to show the product page and also Woo has Taxonomies for the product page and product categories.
But i dont want to install woo plugin.
Now i dont add any code to give my pages.
That is the reason why I need your help. How to add ” related products” like the post page at end of the single product page?
Another one question, how to let my wordpress page have Taxonomies. If showing Taxonomies for wordpress pages, then will have BreadCrumbs.
So totally there are 3 questions below for my all wordpress pages::
1. how to add ” Related products ” at end of the single product page. The example is https://prnt.sc/zHCv_6hrXsGy & https://www.yubisteel.com/product/1060-aluminum-coil/
2. How to add BreadCrumbs to the single product page, single blog post, or achive. The sample is https://prnt.sc/Rvh05LfKx6y5 & https://www.yubisteel.com/product/1060-aluminum-coil/
3. How to add Taxonomies for product menu of main navigation? now they are all separate wordpress page. this issue seems that it is BreadCrumbs.
So in order to solve these, need to install plugin, or add extra code, or something else?
Please give me your advice or special operation ways from generatepress them and generateblock pro?
thanks and have a greate dayOctober 17, 2022 at 10:16 pm #2376999Fernando Customer Support
1. You can use a Query Loop for this as well as mentioned by David here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-related-products-related-blogs-at-end-of-each-page/#post-2376118
Just set the Post type to pages.
2. You’ll need a third party plugin for Breadcrumbs. One commonly use plugin is an SEO plugin called Yoast.
3. Here’s an article I found Googling which may assist: https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-categories-and-tags-for-wordpress-pages/#:~:text=To%20add%20a%20category%2C%20head,’Add%20New%20Category’%20button.October 17, 2022 at 10:25 pm #2377002Paul
For number 1, i will try it later but it failed yesterday in this way\
For number 2, if installing Yoast plugin, how to add Breadcrmsbs? There is any documents from generatepress or something else like video guide?
For number 3, pls check this link https://prnt.sc/vYtDN-lZBfkH,,, in my admin, only Add new on Pages, not have catergoy and tag https://prnt.sc/NYbKzU00I0RP, what happend in this issue?
thanks in advance and have a great dayOctober 18, 2022 at 12:31 am #2377091Paul
hello how are you
About adding the related to page
pls check this one https://prnt.sc/lMAOVbpdUSe8 and https://prnt.sc/IK4-29X7wtwh
after publishing this Element bock, then it is not working ,
pls help to check it out where the problem is, thank in advanceOctober 18, 2022 at 1:48 am #2377158DavidStaffCustomer Support
If you want to create relationships between Pages ( eg. your Products ) then you will need to create a custom Taxonomy for your pages. I suggest you read here first to get familiar with that:
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.