[Resolved] How activate infinite scroll for custom post type

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How activate infinite scroll for custom post type

Home Forums Support How activate infinite scroll for custom post type

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian

Hey guys,

I have custom post type posts displaying in a section on my homepage (as cards in a custom 2 col layout). I solved that by using a hook with a wp_query, querying them all and then inserting it on the page with generate_before_main_content hook. I would like to enable infinite scroll for these because the amount of posts will most probably vary quite some.

This is the simple query I’m using:

<?php
    $homepageAdvisors = new WP_Query(array(
      'posts_per_page' => -1,
      'post_type' => 'radgivare'
    ));
    ?>

Please tell me there is a simple way of making this work? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the GP infinite scroll is built upon the paging navigation used on the archive templates.
    It cannot be simply used for a custom loop that is hooked into a page. You would need to find a custom solution for that which isn’t simple. Bill Erickson provides a method here:

https://www.billerickson.net/infinite-scroll-in-wordpress/

You may want to consider finding a plugin to do it instead though.

Sebastian

Ok, thanks for your input! I dug around and found “Ajax Load More” plugin which after some css tweaking does exactly what I want.

However, I am a bit worried that this kind of implementation (placing content solely with the help of Ajax) will ruin the SEO for the page (or section at least). I’m not good at javascript, so David, what do you think about that? (Sorry for jumping around topics here)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Sebastian

Thanks a lot!! Yes that is calming to read ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.