[Resolved] horrible sections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] horrible sections

Home Forums Support horrible sections

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Francisco Bastarrica

Tom wanted to have the design of the sections as before could see both the visual settings such as text and images to this setting.
    Now I go crazy and it’s like any other visual builder, you do not know what you’re doing until the end.

Why did you split? I looked better before. it could also have all the open page sections while working.

And where is the title? and this is not activated
    Can you put it back as before? to me this leaves me little choice … preferred to gp sections. But not anymore. no longer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Francisco,

Sorry you feel that way!

The change happened for multiple reasons:

1. Performance. Loading multiple TinyMCE editors on the edit page/post screen was a resource hog and slowed down the page considerably when more than a few sections were added. Now, the TinyMCE editor only initializes when you open the section. Huge +1 for performance there.

2. More space. I can now add more options and even more tabs as time goes on without running out of real estate and making the page too long.

3. WordPress standards. The new sections use default WordPress functionality 100%, from the backbone JS modal to the metabox itself. The code is much better in many different areas, it’s a huge step forward.

I tried to make the UI as friendly as possible, adding a button for the content tab and settings tab. This means there’s only an extra 2 clicks (opening the modal and applying it).

I think if you give it a little time you make grow to appreciate it a bit more, especially the speed of it and once more options are added.

Really appreciate your feedback πŸ™‚

Roberto Enrique

πŸ™‚

Francisco Bastarrica

Thanks for your answer so detailed.
    If you have improved load plugin because you’re convincing me.
    I will continue using it in the construction of my landing page … to see if I adapt.
    But I’m so convinced that gp is the best theme as did me a bad

By the way. I recently erased the entire design of the sections when after a while he would republish the page. Strange.
    Also remove the plugin Easy Affiliate Links because not let me work in sections. Now I have reinstalled and everything works ok

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good to know Easy Affiliate Links works with the new version πŸ™‚

If you have any suggestions for usability after using it for a bit, I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.