[Resolved] Horizontal Scrollbar on Pages that use Standard WordPress Gutenberg Cover Block

Home Forums Support Horizontal Scrollbar on Pages that use Standard WordPress Gutenberg Cover Block

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Nates

Hi

I noticed something on my GP sites, whenever I use the Cover Gutenberg block, the page has a horizontal scroll. Please advise if this can be fixed, it is really annoying and looks unprofessional.

Note, I tested this on a basic/clean site as well. I have left a URL in the ‘Your Website’ for your perusal.

Nates

Ignore this, just setting to notify me on replies

David Customer Support

Hi there,

the Full Width options in the Core Blocks are terrible – so much so WP look to be rethinking the whole thing.

Instead i would set the page to Full Width page using the Page Builder Container meta box:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Then you can use the Cover Blocks and Group Blocks to design your page and they will automatically span the full width. Please make sure to remove the Full Width option on the block.

You may also be interested in testing GenerateBlocks:

https://generateblocks.com

Its still in Beta but will make your page building a lot easier in the near future

Nates

Thanks very much for the response.

However, my config is set exactly like you explained.

Nates

I am very performance orientated, so always weary about installing yet another plugin. Is your GP blocks any different performance wise to what already exists?

David Customer Support

The issue on your front page is the Group Block is set to Full Width – uncheck that in the Blocks toolbar and the issue will go away.

GenerateBlocks is built with the same ethos as GP – which is always performance focused 🙂

Nates

Thanks, that works 🙂

Nates

Awesome, that is good to know.

David Customer Support
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.